All New Audis Will Be Electric Starting in 2026

How can one drive a full EV in NY - It’s next to impossible.

Also in 4 years - maybe I should start a EV infrastructure company

Goodbye naturally aspirated V10s in 2025 then unless the Hurican carries on without the R8.

I am sure there’s a lot to places EV is impractical. Nothing a few trillion won’t fix

Makes sense for VW, Audi the the best brand they have for this kind of repositioning. I would guess this has been at the center of their design language evolution over this most recent wave of model refreshes.

Thanks to the diesel gate
truck diesel GIF

2 Likes

From their concept cars, I think Audi will knock this out of the park. If I could get a vehicle that can do 0-60 in under 4 seconds with ~350 miles of range, I don’t think there would be a single reason for anyone to get a Tesla particularly considering the quality issues and the constant goal post moving that is full self driving. It’s been 2 years since they started marketing that “capability” and I’m almost certain those cars will be out of warranty by the time it actually rolls out.

They are probably including PHEV in their definition of “electric”. So by 2026, all Audi models will have an electrified powertrain option. I speculate most models will have a choice between PHEV and full-EV. The article says they won’t stop producing combustion engines until 2033.

“And, today, it’s confirmed that timeline for phasing out internal combustion engines, by saying that “new Audi models from 2026 will be all-electric, and combustion engine production to end in 2033.””