ALL IN TEXAS 2020 Toyota CORONAVIRUS SPECIAL Tundra $249 ALL COVERAGES INCLUDED 4WD SR5 CrewMax TSS Off Road, Blackout

Picked up my Tundra Thursday. Painless process working with Fred. I was in and out of the dealer with a new truck in an hour. Fred handled everything with the dealer just like he said he would. He was easy to work with, quick to respond and got me a great deal. I couldn’t ask for more.

2 Likes

Hmmm…I read Section 29 of my contract as stating that GAP is waived if the required insurance is in place (as stated in section 19).

“…if you had in effect the vehicle insurance required under this Lease at the time of total loss, we will wave the Gap Amount…”

Gotta wonder who writes these contracts though…what contract says ‘you’. lol

Fred, looking to lease, but from MO. I see you are working towards being able to do out of state deals. I’d be 100% in, IF you can get a crewmax without the “SR5 Upgrade” package… meaning I want the front bench seat. Would love it to be a TRD OffRoad as well. Can you get that config in Texas?
I know the front bench is rare. I have an opportunity to buy a 2019 offroad cremax with the front bench. That’s an awesome deal (at wholesale) but I have to pull the trigger tomorrow. I would much rather lease. If you are reasonably certain you can find one of these and will have your out of state setup by March, let me know! Thanks!

1 Like

You’re not going to find an SR5 with options like the trd off road package and be able to have a bench seat. You will automatically get the SR5 upgrade package no matter where in the US you’re located. Only way you’re really gonna find an SR5 with a bench seat is by getting a stripped down base base SR5 which there aren’t many of out there.

1 Like

I’m seeing that same thing from the toyota configurator, but wondered if it was regional… is this a change for 2020? I have seen 2 cremax offroads with bench seats at auction, one a 2018 and one a 2019. (At least they say “TRD 4x4 off road” and have the wheels and tow hooks.

Demand is not there for that configuration. Those are the kind of trucks that have birthdays on lots because nobody would buy them.

1 Like

Other than the fact that Fred isn’t doing out of state deals currently the best price on a Tundra he’s got is on the TSS model. For a TRD Sport or TRD Off road my guess he would be $85/month higher since it doesnt have the extra $2k incentive the TSS has in Texas.

1 Like

Well dang. Maybe I’ll have to settle for no bench. Bench is much easier to find in higher trims with Ford and Ram… mpg is nice too. But toyota is my preference. Anyway, I’ll look forward to seeing fred’s out of state deals when they come

I’ve prob sold 500 tundras. I’ve neber seen a crewmax with the bench seat…

1 Like

I totally believe you guys. Your experience and expertise is appreciated! I’ll either buy this one or lease a 5 seater. Decisions decisions…

Don’t buy a tundra at these lease prices! Plus new body style is out 2022. Perfect timing if you do a 2 year lease. If you’re going to buy get a 2020 in 2022 and it’ll prob be much cheaper

1 Like

Any particular reason you need a front bench? Just preference? I would think total cost of ownership with purchase vs lease would be higher on a purchase. Benefits of a cheap leased tundra over a used purchased tundra that will be out of warranty and require new tires/brakes/other maintenance would seem like a no brainer

Thanks guys. Helpful advise. you are reading my mind! Those are the thoughts in the back of my head saying “dont buy”. I’d love to keep the cash on hand for another rental prop, and do have my eye on the 2022 (hybrid). The 2019 has 48k and price of 32,500.
Front bench seat would get used about 6 times a year. Have 2 kids, and they each have a friend the we are taking the minivan around for. Trucks just a nice option. My last truck was f350 crew cab with bench and it wonderful (the cabin, not constant the mechanical issues). So NO the bench isn’t a must have. Just something that would be nice. Sorry to hijack the thread, by the way.

Yeah haha I don’t completely get it, so while I’m not 100% sure what “vehicle insurance required” means (lease/gap?) I personally don’t want to fight it in court or even think about if it ever got to that point. I called directly and was told they do not cover it in Texas. For me, the extra couple bucks are worth the peace of mind.

If that is really the case and US bank truly does require Gap in Texas I recommend editing your 1st post and clarify that it is required. The customer could possibly add it with their own insurance for a lot cheaper. But some insurance dont offer it so would benefit you to also post how much your dealer is offering it for.

It’s not required, it’s optional. Some were asking if it’s included in Texas when leading through USBank as in some other states and when I inquired they said no.

I’m in Texas and have a Tundra lease through USBank. I called them yesterday and they said as long as I kept the required insurance on the vehicle and payments are current that in the event of a total loss and there is a “negative equity” situation they would not come after me for the “negative equity.” The lady on the phone gave me the section of the contract to read and I will do so this weekend.

1 Like

Fred, is this lease offer still available? I was looking at a Tundra today in San Angelo. Thanks.

1 Like

In Dallas, would love to know what’s avail in feb

1 Like

In another post shared a deal you received.
I’d much rather have this. Thx

2020 Toyota Tundra 4WD SR5 CrewMax 5.5’ Bed 5.7L TSS Off Road

Packages:
SR5 Leather Package - $1580
Spray-On Bedliner - $579
Charging & Connectivity Kit - $179
TSS Off Road Sp. Ed. Pkg - Black - $4999

MSRP: $50031
Monthly Payment: $289 including tax
Drive-Off Amount: $289 first month
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 15000