Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport AWD lease advice

Dear all, my first post here!
I am trying to finish a deal on a 2020 Giulia Sport (with paddle shifters and panoramic sunroof)

• MSRP: $46,640
  • Dealer Discount: $7898.67

I did not qualify for any incentives =[

**Total purchase price before taxes and fees: $38741.33’

Total purchase price after fees and taxes = 42,128.16

• Buy Rate MF: ??
  • RV: ??

**Monthly Payment: $379 (already including taxes)

Drive off: First month + upfront taxes + fees = 3519

• Zip: 44126 (OH)

Check the Edmunds Alfa Romeo Lease Forum to understand RV and buy rate MF to fully understand the offer.

And don’t put any money down, please!

1 Like

Based on what I saw the prices seems good?
Is there any catch? I am not planning to buy the car afterwards!
I am not planning to put money down, but is there any special reason for that other than if the car is totaled I do not need to pay the down payment again?

1. A lot of things don’t line up.
  2. How come you don’t get any incentives? Are you sure they aren’t being rolled into dealer discount?
  3. HOLY F. You went from 38 to 42 k in taxes and fees. Like WTF. You need a breakdown of those and remove those. Thats very very fishy.
  4. You are putting almost 3.5k down. your effective payment is almost $480. Roll those drive-off costs into monthly. But I can tell you that with some review and negotiation, you should be able to get to $420-450 easily.
1 Like

2- not sure, probably they included all the rebates on the first discount to get to around 38k.
3- taxes in Ohio are based on the car’s MSRP, it is terrible for leasings…
4- Yes, I am planning to do it! although I am not sure if I will be able to low the payments more… All the dealerships around here got to the same down payment with 450 per month ?!

Here is the description of the taxes and fees they provided me

Total Purchase $38,741.33
Doc Fee $220.00
Title Fee $16.00
Transfer Fee $8.00
CVR $24.00
Plate Fee $0.00
Tax $3,118.83
Balance $42,128.16

Did you end up taking the deal?

No, I am planning to register an Audi in my household, so it is worth to wait another month and try to get 1000 in rebates

Hi there I’m from 44116. I’m looking at basically the same car. $1200 down but $498/mo with 15K miles a year on 24mo lease. I’m wanting $400 to $444 max and $0 drive off. We shall see.

What’s the difference between the 24 and 36 month residual? Your goal may be tough at 24 months.

Just for the future, leases in Ohio are based on the total lease, not the MSRP. The sum of base lease payments are the taxed value.