Alfa Giulia lease transfer, buyout or ...?

Hey Hackrs. I’m in SoCal and thinking of switching a car.
Currently leasing Alfa Giulia Ti Sport at $545.99/mo with tax. 16 months remaining out of 36. 22k miles remaining (1375/mo).
MSRP was $48,190. Here are the approx terms in the calculator.

30,186.38 is the buyout Ally is showing me.
Vroom gives me a 34k estimate which I don’t know if I can believe.

It’s my first lease ever so I want to make sure I understand all my options. What would you do if you were dreaming of Toyota Supra? :slight_smile:

Ally charges market rate to 3rd party dealers and vroom doesn’t buy leases, so you’d need to buy out the lease yourself if you wanted to then sell it to Vroom.

More importantly, have you priced out that new supra you’re dreaming of to see how much it’s going to cost in the current market?

2 Likes

I’d thoroughly enjoy my Alfa for 16 more months and then consider a Supra once the auto market comes back to ‘normal.’ Now is probably the worst imaginable time to try to get yourself into a new Toyota, especially if you don’t need to.

1 Like

You’re saying that if I went to some Toyota dealer and they were to take the car, Ally would charge them more?

Vroom - understood, thanks. What are the pitfalls of buying out myself? Any tax consequences?

Yeah, getting Supra is tough now, but I assume the payment to be somewhere from 700 to 800.

Good point, thanks. I have a feeling that I am overpaying for Alfa and this pushes me towards not so rational decisions.

Yes. Your buy out is the price for you to buy it out.

1 Like

Not nearly as much as you’re likely to be over paying by jumping into a lease right now that you don’t need to jump into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.