Aftermarket Wheels on Lease?

We just leased a 2018 F150 and like most everyone, we would like to put on aftermarket wheels and tires on the truck. We figured we would just keep the stock, but when at the dealer we asked about this…

The dealer stated that because aftermarket wheels and tires are so common on trucks these days, Ford does not care if you return it with the aftermarket wheels and tires so as long as they have acceptable tread depth.

Anyone heard of this?

Why not put aftermarket wheels on while you’re leasing, then toss oems back on when you return?

1 Like
  1. Never blindly trust what a dealer says.

2. Just store the stock ones, put them back on before lease return and sell the aftermarkets. Why would anyone donate them to Ford anyway?

This is what we planned to do… but since they are the 20” wheels, they are worth a good amount and then I don’t have to store them! Lol.

Then sell the OEMs and keep that money for when the leasing bank charges you for having aftermarket wheels when you return the lease.

Any decent aftermarket is worth more than the stock ones, so why would you give away the more valuable set?

If they need to be returned with the truck I will keep them… I was just asking based on the dealers response.

Best answer of the day. Saved.

Dealers will say whatever you want to hear to close a deal. Their word means nothing when it’s time to return your lease.

1 Like

I installed a level kit on my Leased F150, kits are cheap enough I will just keep it installed when I turn it in. Doubt the inspector will even notice. Wheels are a different story, I don’t care what the dealer said, I would probably not send it back with aftermarkets. That would be a hefty bill if they charged you full retail for dealer installed tires and rims.

Dealers lying…when you return the leased vehicle they will charge you full retail to replace stock wheels and tires.

Keep the stock rims and tires and put them back on or buy a truck with rims and tires you prefer.

1 Like