After agreeing to the deal over email, how do I 100% confirm the deal before flying out to pick up the car?

This is my first leasehackr deal. I’m in Florida and I have an agreement over email with a dealer one state away. (seems like FL residents need to travel outside the state to get the best deals).

I have the offer sheet in writing. I’m doing the credit app now to make sure there are no problems there. I will be picking the car up by the end of the month. Should I be asking for a copy of the contract before I fly out?

Does the dealer issue a temp tag and then I will receive the tag in the mail?

I want to avoid any last minute surprises.

Any other tips?

Definitely ask for a copy of the contract for review. Should be a non-issue

1 Like

If I were you, I would ask if you could sign the deal remotely and just fly out to take delivery.

4 Likes

In addition to getting a copy of the lease agreement as @mllcb42 and @jay3 suggest, I would also get a copy of the dealer worksheet that is sent to the fund provider. Make sure all the calculations are done correctly. You don’t want to fly out and then have them tell you that they made a mistake (wrong residual factor or wrong money factor or sales tax rate. If you like, PM me and I’ll be happy to review those documents.

I hear ya on Florida deals. Lots of extra add on fees to try and work around. Better deals elsewhere if you don’t mind traveling.