Advice on Lease contract "error", dealer asking to resign 3 weeks later

Signed on the new ID.4 3 weeks ago on June 30th.

I read up on some old posts about getting a contract resigned but this case seems a little different.

The dealer called today saying that VW Credit is rejecting the contract because the $7500 rebate is in the wrong line item (see contract for details). Looks correct to me though.

Will need to resign and they promised it will not change the deal except push the payment due date one month from the date in which the new contract is signed.

For July, the buy rate money factor for the ID.4 had gone up 0.00009 for 36 and 39-month leases, confirming with Edmunds now for the 48-month (my lease) rate.

Is there anything I should particularly look for or ask when I got back to sign? I will bring the original contract to compare them line by line and ask about the differences. I’ve had the car less than two week but already put on 2k miles on it, should that make any difference?

Should I be worried at all? Any advice is appreciated.

Contract:
https://share.leasehackr.com/contract?doc_link=L-2206-1656695554

Ive had to resign contracts because of an error before. It happens. Just make sure the important numbers dont change.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just heard too many horror stories in the past of some dealers pulling a fast one on unsuspecting people.

Ya, that does happen, but id bet its a lot less common than genuine mistakes. Be diligent, examine the cintract in detail, but i wouldn’t jump to any concerns.

4 Likes

Update, went in to sign last week, they seem to just fudge the numbers to please VW credit.

Previous:
“Amount Due at Lease Signing or Delivery”

• Cap Cost Reduction: $5507.08
  • First Month Payment: $628.07
  • Title Fees: $380.70
  • License and Registration Fees: 13.22
  • Doc Fee: $599
    Total: $8128.07

“How the Amount Due at Lease Signing will be Paid”

• Rebates and noncash credits: $7500
  • Amount to be paid in cash: $1620.99
    Total: $8128.07

Section 7

• Agreed Upon Value: $49304.
  • Gross Capitalized Cost: $50003
  • Cap Cost Reduction: $6507.08
  • Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $43495.92

New Numbers:

“Amount Due at Lease Signing or Delivery”

• Cap Cost Reduction: $7500
  • First Month Payment: $628.07
  • Title Fees: $380.70
  • License and Registration Fees: 13.22
  • Doc Fee: $599
    Total: $9120.99

“How the Amount Due at Lease Signing will be Paid”

• Rebates and noncash credits: $7500
  • Amount to be paid in cash: $1620.99
    Total: $9120.99

Section 7

• Agreed Upon Value: $50296.75
  • Gross Capitalized Cost: $50,995.75
  • Cap Cost Reduction: $7500
  • Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $43495.75

Dealer said we didn’t owe anything further than the first payment I made. Looks like they just made it look like they marked up the car further to show VW the $7500 was in certain spots. The first contract lined up with the calculator, not sure why VW credit was whining

In the first case, the dealer was taking some of your rebate and splitting it between showing a price adjustment and a cap cost reduction. In the second case, they are showing the full rebate being applied as the cap cost reduction and correctly calculating the price. It should net out to the same payment, but you didn’t get the discount/markup (?) you thought you got (sketchy).

Good example of how VW passes through the rebate as a cap cost reduction!!

You should be planning to buy out this lease immediately anyway.

1 Like

Put both sets of numbers into the calculator and compare the results of this output:

since your payment doen’t change, just go in and resign. MAKE SURE THE PAYMENT DOESN’T CHANGE on the new paperwork.

Otherwise the dealer is going to make your life hellish over you balking on ‘parts of the deal’. He’s losing $2000 on the re-sign

I don’t know what was wrong with the first contract, I only wanted to pay first months payment, so my “how the DAS will be paid” should’ve been $8128 ($7500 rebate + $628 first month) then the total should be the same for “amount DAS” the cap cost reduction was less than $7500 because they needed to use it to pay the fees. My third lease, only ever done first months payment and that’s how it always was, they just ate from the lease cash for the fees.

My only real concern was that my “amount to be paid in cash” was $1620, and when I asked them they were like “we had to do that to make the numbers right, you don’t owe us anything more”

They were not applying the full rebate as a cap cost reduction. They can’t use it to pay [bogus] fees.

It’s already resigned… payment, amount of amortized payments, net cap cost, rent charge, all the same. I just took their word when they said I didn’t owe anything further and the payment is exactly the same. I mean at least I got a “free month”

but they were no?

$628 first month, $7500 lease cash, my DAS is “technically” $8128 and I wasn’t going to give anymore.

Due at signing I needed to pay the first month payment $628 plus title, registration & license, and the doc fees totaling $992, so technically i “owed” $1620 at signing, but I only gave $628 so they took the remaining $992 from my $7500 rebate which and the remainder went towards the cap cost reduction

At the end of the day, it’s the same net cap cost and the payment is the same, hope VW finally accepts this contract

The dealer f’d up and lost $2000, man someone there got fired

1 Like

2k? I’ve seen and heard of worse.

1 Like

well I meant to OP who was wondering if he should’ve signed this.

Hmmm a Porter who is a bad driver? He’s a relative of a manager.

Least they didn’t scratch a matte paint job or send it through a car wash with the windows open.

1 Like

Did you see the one where the porter put the car in the car wash, saw it was EOD, and LEFT with the car in the car wash…lol

1 Like

How long you wait for the ID 4?
They pass the tax credit to lease? but why the payment still 600 ish though?

High money factor and non inflated residual