Advice on GLC 300 4Matic Quote

There is nothing to “gain”’ from the current market if you’re dumping it into a poor (new) deal. I would recommend axing the GLC. The numbers do not seem attractive at all IMO.

Keep your equity, unless you’re investing it wisely. That is what you have to gain. You’re already much further ahead than people who are “winning” driving the current model year vehicle, underwater up over their eyeballs (and this is before the market jumps a cliff).

1 Like

Horrific. A GLC is not worth that payment at all

1 Like

For WA, deals on GLC are hard to come by, more so in the current market.

I’m guessing the consensus here is a no-go on this quote. What would the guidance/recommendation on buying Model Y (at 2.49% apr over 72 or 60months). Driving it for a year, before selling it for a better deal on GLC; tentative on the market course correcting. My understanding is that given the current long wait times, selling Model Y could be a good prospect.

Buy something you like because you’ll be waiting a while.

RV/MF/incentives are not getting better any time soon. A year is very optimistic IMO.

I’m deciding between Model Y and GLC which are my final choices. I do like GLC slightly better than Model Y (coz of suspension and cabin noise). But seeking guidance if buying Model Y versus leasing GLC might be a better financial decision assuming the market improves in 12-18months.

:point_up_2::point_up_2: - What They said.

No one knows what the market will look like in 12 to 18 months.

What have Carvana, Vroom, and dealers offered you for your A4? You should have this info if you are looking to get rid of it.

model Y would hold value way better

In WA myself. Not much in terms of deals around here as you probably know.

Did you have a look at dealers in Portland or Oregon in general? Pre-pandemic, they were typically well below what any MB dealer was willing to do. Was certainly worth the trip. Not sure these days though.

This deal is from an Oregon dealer. WA dealers are > $950 post tax and arent budging.

1 Like

This GLC deal is a non-starter. Why are we even talking about it?

Current owner of both GLC and Model Y here, I recommend Model Y over the GLC if EV fits your lifestyle and driving conditions. It’s much more fun than the GLC and a lot roomier, and yeah, GLC is not worth that $900 payment

1 Like

If you have an early reservation model Y just stick with that. You can probably turn around and sell it and pocket $$ now if you wanted. Drive it until something comes along that is more appealing.

3rd option (would not recommend but it is an option) is to lease the model Y. It should be way less monthly that the MB- and in either case of leasing you will walk away in 3 years with nothing.

1 Like

My reservation for Model Y is from Apr’21 and cheaper than the current price. I’m guessing it’s worth buying and using Model Y till the market improves. At which point i can decide if i want o live with it’s shortcomings (suspension, etc.) or flip it. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks! What’s ur take on suspension and cabin noise at hwy speeds between the two cars? Would appreciate your POV since u own both cars.

Here’s my POV (and mine only) :smiley:

GLC - suspension is very soft (or comfortable), interior build quality is definitely meeting its luxury line status, handling is just ok (better handling in sports mode but the soft suspension system isn’t helping). Wife drives the GLC majority of the time, she loves it. Very quiet cabin at highway speed, can’t even hear baby crying from outside when parked. In summary, GLC is comfort to ride in, not so much fun to drive.

Model Y - hard suspension (softer than my previous 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio), interior build quality is hit or miss (mine was built in Aug. 2021, with lots of uneven gaps, poor weather strip fittings), handling is superior (way better than my Stelvio). You aren’t going to find another ICE car under 100k close to Model Y’s handling. Cabin noise is around average IMO. At highway speed, tires (mine are 19") and wind noise are noticeable, but no engine sound! Lots of tech build into Model Y, I still highly recommend it over GLC (only if daily charging isn’t a problem for you)

or just take delivery of Model Y and then sell it, can’t believe they let you hold order from April 2021 (too bad tax credit didn’t go through :P)

I think you should be able to get a couple of thousand off MSRP! GLC is a car most places have inventory on currently.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022 GLC - buy, lease or wait for the 2023?

you make an extra, what, $3k on selling your A4 in this market and then turn around and blow $10k+ on this terrible GLC deal

i was looking at a GLC granted before covid and passed because i didn’t think it was worth $550/mo. this deal is atrocious

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.