Advice on 2017 Chevy Bolt Lease

Why have you not included the federal credit in the price? 379 is about 80 more than it should be.

because Chevrolet is not passing along the $7500 fed credit.

they only have a $2500 rebate and thats specific to only a few states like CA & OR.

If you purchase one, you will get the $7500 credit, otherwise it goes to the Lender on the lease.

Havenā€™t they raised the residual almost 10% to try and compensate for not getting the $7500?.

Not sure I like that. Come on GM- throw some lease cash and incentives at the Bolt to get some reasonable leases please!

Not to hijack the thread, why bolt is considered a big deal when BMW i3 Rex can be leased for $300-350 (few threads here for that)? i3 Rex has 180 miles range and Bolt is 238 miles which better, but i3 Rex is not terrible like leaf, e-golf etc.

Excuse my ignorance if I am missing something but i3 Rex looks better option for a EV lease if someone wants to lease in next 2-3 months, until we see price reductions on Bolt.

I think the Bolt has more seat room and doesnā€™t have the funky rear doors. The i3 is also lacking CarPlay which makes no sense to me. If the i3 Rex could be had for under $250 Iā€™d maybe consider itā€¦ In the meantime waiting for lower Bolt leases and the new 2018 e-Golf (in April?)

The Bolt has had more press buzz around it. Maybe not as much as Tesla, but still a lot. A Consumer Reports podcast dedicated to it (in which its attributes were compared to or put in context only to Tesla), and countless print and digital pages on it. 200+ mile range on an ā€œaffordableā€ commuter was sort of built up as a holy grail, put-a-man-on-the-moon kinda mission.

I wonder how many people considering a Bolt have even heard of the i3 Rex.

@max_g agree to your thoughts, not many people know about i3 and the fact it is BMW most of the people donā€™t even bother to check lease pricing assuming it will be high I guess.

@XPRESS in addition to a 2018 e-golf with 180 miles range, who knows there could be bunch of other option in market as soon as in next one year, leaf is supposed to be working on increasing the range is one other. And then rumor of i3 getting further range increase soon.

GM will be forced to offer good incentives on Bolt due to competing market is not too far ahead, and good for Hackr community.

New 2018 e-Golf will only do about 130 miles in real electric range here in the USA

ā€œEditorā€™s note: This ā€œ186 mileā€ would seem to be in reference to Euro-zone/NEDC estimates, where the current e-Golf is rated at 118 miles (190 km). The real world/EPA range of the e-Golf stands at 83 miles (134 km) today, meaning the 2017 upgraded VW would have about 130-135 miles (210-217 km) of range.ā€

Hereā€™s the best I was quoted for ā€œfully loaded Bolt Premierā€ in San Diego. ($1k under Msrp)
Will there be incentives added, more of the tax credit added, or anything to help in March?

There will be bigger discounts in March. Some dealers are offering 2k off msrp now so I think 3k off msrp is worth asking for.