Advice on 2017 Chevy Bolt Lease

No. In the age of 488 Maserati, Tesla lease and price is even more ridiculous than BOLT.

GM, like everyone else in the car industry is out to make a profit. Give them some credit for delivering a car with 200+ mile range when everyone else is sitting on their hands and offering 10-20 miles.

To think they would introduce a groundbreaking, long-range EV priced below anything currently available AND provide amazing leases in the first few months is being naive.

The prices will come down, just like any new product, people just need to wait

If people see Bolt leasing for 499 and then after 6 months they see it leasing for 199, then they lose confidence in the whole EV pricing and value. Will it be 99 in six more months?

Just like the i3. It is difficult to pull the trigger since they have leased between 600 and 100.

Anyway, we will see.

I don’t think anyone suggested that was reasonably priced. Not even $600/month is reasonably priced. Many people are hoping the Model 3 will be “reasonably priced” at the 35k price range, but it’s hard to tell what’s going to happen since that’s at least a year away. :frowning: The value just doesn’t seem to be there in the Bolt.

I think the problem is that they tried to act like it was going to crazy long range AND affordable. The range was very impressive, the price not so much.

Some people doubted the reality of it, but former Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and his wife Janet took delivery of their Chevrolet Bolt EV.

Janet Wozniak just bought the new Tesla Model S P100D for Christmas. The must have traded the gray one in when they got the Chevrolet Bolt EV
Janet Wozniak just bought the new Tesla Model S P100D for Christmas. The gray one must have since left the collection.
Woz says it will be the couple’s main car. Of course, he made sure to share with Facebook that the professional-looking picture was taken on his iPhone 7.

They currently own a Tesla Model S P100D, a Mercedes S-class, a Hummer, and now a Bolt. He said that they traded in “former Tesla’s”. When asked why he opted for the Bolt over another Tesla, Woz responded:

LoL… :joy:

Green + rich + chevy = no sale. Chevy is seen as a brand for conservatives and/or poors. They aren’t going to sell many of these without serious incentives.

Chevy is a brand for conservatives or the poor? What are you smoking?
I am neither, that’s for damn sure. Lots of poor people buying Corvettes, Camaros, and $60k Chevy Suburbans too. Lol what a joke.

2 Likes

Well actually nobody is really buying Corvettes or Camaros, so much so they shut the factory because they had too many. Shame as they are fantastic cars with a bad image. Mainly they are Chevy! They should spin them off as a sub brand.

I test drove the Camaro 2SS yesterday, totally brilliant to drive, reminded me of my old Honda S2000 with a massive engine.

The Bolt’s are finally here. Dealers are currently asking for MSRP or a few thousand more…Has anyone come across them asking for a premium?

We have them for Below MSRP and below $300 per month!

Anthony @ DSR Leasing

What brand do liberals drive? I thought Conservatives and Republicans were for the rich? That is what CNN and MSNBC news people tell me.

1 Like

Do you have lease details for the PREM trim Bolt? (36/10)

Yes we do, pretty similar deal to the LT just the difference in cost of premier.

Monthly Payment (pre tax) $524.01
Monthly Payment (incl tax) $564.62

Wow that’s Tesla CPO Lease Money! Just go through a 3rd party lease company like Xcelerate Auto Leasing or Earth Motors and they’ll walk you through the process. And remember that Tesla CPOs carry the same 4yr/50k warranty as new – you’re just stuck with slightly older tech inside.

If you’re going to do a CPO lease deal with those companies, assume NADA values properly optioned out, and a 60% residual on 36mo/12k (unless these leasing companies have changed their rules lately).

any one received a good offer in SoCal? I’ve been looking but i have been getting quotes of -
1,000 down and $459 + tax monthly payment, which is absolutely dismiss able.
Can someone recommend a good Chevy salesman who has good history with.

Have been thinking about leasing a Bolt. Maybe it might be best to wait a few months, until Summer maybe, before pulling the trigger.

Sad to say we are walking away from our Community Chevrolet Bolt that was just delivered today after posting a $500 deposit in November. They said delivery was expected 12/16 it arrived 1/12 ready for pick up today. After going over the numbers offering $2500 GM rebate and $1,500 down the monthly cost would be $489. Credit Score just under 760. This was on the LT model and the MSRP was $38,800.00 Sorry, not going to do this! :frowning:

1 Like

What happened to their much vaunted $309 per month, or whatever it was they were trumpeting late last year? That’s bull.

Maybe consider the BMW i3 Rex. Aggressive bargaining seems to make deals around $300 - $350/month – or even lower --, with no down payment, achievable. BMW is giving the full $7500 back as a lease credit and still giving residuals of 58 - 64%, depending on duration. Not all electric, but 90 miles electric range, so you would be covered for most travel and still have the back-up Rex engine. Not the most attractive car, but neither is the Bolt (IMO).

BMW Financial Services is going to get crushed on these leases – why not let their loss be your gain?