Advice and FYI on 2019 Subaru Ascent Leases

Hey guys, first time posting and first time leasing. Have learned so much reading these boards. I noticed there’s really no Subaru Ascent lease info up yet, so I thought I’d share these quotes I got. If you guys could also weigh in, I’d really appreciate it - they don’t strike me as terribly compelling.

Ascent Premium 8 passenger w/ trailer hitch and all-weather mats - Model Code KCB

MSRP $35,801
Costco Price $34,462
Monthly payment $462.32
Up front costs due at signing $856.82
Residual $23,270.65
Money factor .00190

Ascent Limited 8 passenger w/ Harman Kardon audio, panoramic power moonroof, navigation, cargo area cover, trailer hitch and all-weather mats - Model Code KCD

MSRP $43,551
Costco Price $41,307
Monthly payment $539.12
Up front costs due at signing $933.62
Residual $28,308.15
Money factor .00190

Here’s what I got from Edmund’s for 36/10 on both trims:

Prem - .00235 and 68%
Ltd - .00190 and 65%

Oddly enough, the MF on the Premium seems better than expected (still not amazing).

Thanks for reading.

If you want this car, it would make most sense to buy it or wait and see if Subaru starts supporting leases more heavily. While the residuals are OK, the money factors are crazy high. Your discount is only 5-6% which is OK for a new model, but not a recipe for a successful hackr lease.

These things are going to sell like hotcakes, or at least that is what Subaru is expecting, so the discounts won’t be great and the lease support will be non-existent for a while.

Yea, that’s more or less what I was expecting to hear. I appreciate your feedback. I’ll just leave it here for other folks interested in what leases might look like on Ascents.

I think the Ascent seems like a very good 3-row (if not the best looking), but I’ve got a lead on what I think might end up being a great Sorento lease I’m going to pursue first. Will probably come seeking your sage advice again when I’ve got hard numbers on that one.

It’s non-existent on Subarus, period :slightly_smiling_face:

No entirely - they do sometimes subvent money factors - or at least, not mark them up as high as .00190 or .00235…

I only consider a lot of cash as lease support. Low or an OK MF is always a must. Otherwise, you can also consider their high RV as such.

Fair enough. Though, my limited experience is that Subaru RVs are high but usually fairly accurate.

Have you test driven this vehicle ? Its fine but not all that great. If you are really interested in leasing, then I would suggest the QX60 or the MDX. QX60 has got good lease options but MDX is a better car

Yep, exactly. But RV and MF almost always fluctuate together, so the expected payment more or less stays in the same ballpark. And then only discount can make it a good or bad deal without cash incentives. BMW has the same relatively high MF that doesn’t change, but they throw lease cash.

I have driven both and think the MDX is superior in many, maybe even most ways, but do like the Ascent for its utility (additional passenger, some adults can fit in 3rd row, and more cargo). I don’t have any experience with the QX60, however.

Just my opinions of course. As I eluded to in the OP, I’m not actually jumping on this deal. This is purely FYI

So far I got : premium 7-pass code KCC
MSRP 37,372 $
discount 500 $
trade allowance 14 K (previous ending lease)
balance 36,953 $
drive off 856 $ (1st month plus fees)
monthly 453 $ / 12 K (39 mo lease)
residual 22,050 $

thoughts ?