Advice: 4-Door Fun Cars to Drive under $375/monthly

manual subaru wrx then throw a cobb/map tune on there

then you can learn how to overtake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKIPyXO3KA

My Stelvio was definitely one of the most fun vehicles I have ever had, but living with it on a daily basis was a different story. Since connectivity is a primary concern of the OP, I’d be wary of something shown to be so glitchy in so many reviews.

4 Likes

I would have to say if a glitching stereo is a major issue then yeah maybe a Honda, Toyota or Mazda is the way to go. I can handle an occasional glitch in my stereo to get the performance the Alfa gives.

1 Like

Connectivity is becoming a very important factor with so many states going hands off.

1 Like

I thought I could, too, but the minute it cost me freelance income, I had to bail.

I got a Mazda6 GT back in December, can’t say they lease well but paying 307/mo which is in budget and has Android Auto.

1 Like

I’ll assume you haven’t driven a current-gen one built off the TNGA platform? I only did a test drive, but I surprised at how well it handled. Same as a RWD sporty sedan? No. But it was so far ahead of the last Camry before that, it wasn’t even funny. I’m sure it’ll handle spirited driving just fine.

To the OP, do you know what VW Jetta GLIs are going for? I can’t imagine the lease would be very strong since it just came out, but you never know…

That’s great but that does not make it “fun”.

2 Likes

Get the reserved trim, its a blast

Throw in a crazy redhead and you’ll have “fun”, for a while.

2 Likes

Fun is a very subjective criterion so I tried to make it a little more objective by citing a credible source. I personally find hypermiling fun but that is probably not shared by many. Your definition of fun (whatever that might be) might very well not suit the OP or many others posting on this forum.

Nope. No Interest in that particular vanilla sedan.

yeah let me guess you also find the Dewey decimal system and doing your taxes to be fun?

1 Like

How bout a Subaru WRX think that has android auto!

A few months ago I had someone on Bogleheads tell me that the Honda Civic is one of the most fun-to-drive cars ever made. :thinking:

Compared to what, a trabant?!

Well the CTR is anyway. I know a guy on here who is giving them away!

I have a black one and a red one!

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I find Android Auto underwhelming. I’m not sure if there’s “more” to it than is available on Volvo, but I think the app says all that you can do? You can’t see what’s in the “bubbles” on Waze, Google Maps can be a little clunky, at least on Volvo, you can’t make it the length of the whole screen, and the only thing it’s “good for” is that it’s easier to read texts and respond. Mine also keeps putting my phone on do not disturb, which is really annoying.

I could live without it.

i wish we could have the orginal mirrorlink back when you could mirror the whole phone and use any app you wanted. But then people would complain about others wattchin youtube, etc in their headunits and not paying attention to the road and sue the automakers even though you can mount your phone the windscreen and do the same thing