Additional $500 in Chase Ultimate Rewards with Mazda Lease (or purchase)

Hi Hackrs,

I’ve lurked for over a year and finally joined yesterday as I anticipate leasing in the next few months. Coincidentally, I also got this offer via email yesterday and thought I’d share. Here is the offer:

EARN 50,000 CHASE ULTIMATE REWARDS® POINTS1 WHEN YOU FINANCE A NEW MAZDA.
Congratulations!
You’re pre-approved for up to $40,000 toward the purchase or lease
of a new 2018 or 2019 Mazda when you finance through Mazda Capital Services.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL MAZDA DEALER TO FIND THE RIGHT MAZDA FOR YOU.
Simply purchase or lease your new vehicle and we’ll take care of getting your points added.
Name: xxxxxxxxx
Coupon Code: xxxxxxxxx
Expiration Date: 09/28/2018

I have a number of Chase cards and this offer was tied to my Chase Freedom Visa. Obviously it’s a personalized offer but my thinking is that if someone is considering a Mazda they could call Chase and see if they can extend the offer to them.

And here is all the small print:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1 Customer must be a Chase Freedom primary cardmember on the vehicle loan or lease contract date to be eligible for this offer.

This offer is only available for purchase or lease of new 2018 or 2019 Mazda vehicle financed through Mazda Capital Services (MCS). Applications must be submitted between 07/30/2018 and 09/28/2018. The MCS loan or lease must be booked and funded in order to be eligible to receive 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points.

Approval of a credit card is not a guarantee of approval of a loan or lease. Approval of a loan or lease is not a guarantee of approval of a credit card. Applying for more than one credit product may reduce your chances of credit approval. Additional spending on credit products may also reduce your chances of loan approval.

After the loan or lease is booked, Chase will review the account to ensure the eligibility criteria are met. This offer is not transferable, is limited to one per household at any given time and may be discontinued at any time without notice. 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points will be posted to the primary cardmember’s account within 10 weeks after the vehicle loan or lease account has booked with Chase. Primary cardmember must be included on the vehicle loan or lease and their Chase Freedom account must be open and not in default as of the date of posting.

Any Chase Ultimate Rewards points transferred to you under this program may be considered miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the program.

This offer of 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points is limited to one per customer, per vehicle. This offer may be discontinued by Chase or Mazda at any time without notice.

Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. Credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A.

2 Auto loans and leases through MCS are subject to credit approval by Chase. Additional terms and conditions apply. By contacting your Mazda Dealer about these offers, the dealer will know that you are a valued Chase customer and that you may meet other eligibility requirements.

Information from a credit bureau was not used in connection with this pre-approval offer. You were selected for this pre-approval offer based on your current Chase account(s) being in good standing. Chase evaluated your account(s) and determined you to be currently in good standing solely based on our experience data from your current account(s) with Chase. Chase did not obtain a credit report to pre-approve you for this offer. Chase will use a credit report to make a final decision on your application. Your new financing pre-approval offer will be approved in underwriting subject to derogatory credit indicators, including any repossessions, foreclosures, bankruptcies, collections actions or proceedings, or charge-offs. Approval is further subject to you satisfying certain payment capacity measures and other Chase credit standards based on your creditworthiness. You must be a U.S. resident. Used and certified pre-owned vehicles excluded. Your new financing will be subject to a minimum amount financed of $4,000, minimum term of 12 months for a retail account and 24 months for a lease account, maximum term of 84 months for a retail account and 48 months for a lease account, and a maximum loan-to-value of 150%. This pre-approval offer is non-transferable. This pre-approval offer is not valid for business use. The offer period ends 09/28/2018. Your pre-approval “up-to amount” is (i) the net capitalized cost of the vehicle for lease financing; or (ii) the loan amount for loan financing.

2 Likes

Where do you live? I’m big on CUR point game and am about to lease a Mazda so this would be free money!

2 Likes

Wisconsin. :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Didn’t get this email; I only have a Sapphire Reserve and United Explorer Card through Chase. Seems like this is a very YMMV deal.

I agree that it probably is but thought I’d at least get the info out there and maybe some folks can at least try to call Chase.

Just spoke to Chase. They said it’s a targeted customer offer and to wait for the email so yes, YMMV. Thanks for highlighting this though!

Not sure if this is the same offer but there was a Chase 500.00 incentive certificate that was being emailed to chase customers.After repeated attempts both with the dealerships and chase we finally gave up and signed without it. Would loved to of had that extra 500.00

Thanks for calling, ggarunov!

I received the similar email in Feb 2018 and lease / purchase at that time. Now want to lease one but didn’t get the email… Will call Chase tomorrow.

Good luck with that. I spent hours on the phone and even spoke in person to my branch manager at chase to no avail. It is a targeted email that originates from Chase. My confusion is the targeted part. It seems that everyone is getting these except for someone who actually has interest in a Mazda…Go figure.

I leased a dodge in March and then started getting the emails about this offer. I believe it has to do with when a new car trade line hits your credit report they think you will be interested in maybe a second car or in my case one for my wife. Just a thought.

Talked to Chase today. The rep said the email is not required. As far as you buy/lease through Mazda/ Chase, And meet those requirements, the points could be applied to Chase. But you / the leasee must be the primary card holder. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Dont understand what you mean by points? That sounds like something different from the 500.00 incentive cerfificate?

It’s not a $500 certificate it’s 50,000 ultimate rewards points which can be redeemed for $500 cash back on an applicable credit card.

Thanks… At one time there was a actual certificate that was emailed to chase customers for 500.00 off any new Mazda lease or purchase. We already took delivery of our CX5 but will be in contact with Chase to see if we can still take advantage of this offer.

1 Like

Glad to hear it might work out for you, Just4fun88. Note that I received a unique coupon code in the email from Chase for this offer, so it seems kind of strange that Chase would say that the email isn’t required. Maybe Mazda dealers have codes they can use, or a way to override that part. I would definitely make sure the dealer knows about the offer and will be able to apply it for you.

And yes, the deal I posted is for 50K Chase Ultimate Rewards POINTS, which can be redeemed for $500 credit to your account or for gift cards, travel, etc. This offer is NOT for a $500 certificate, which it sounds like Chase has offered in the past.

No Go with Chase. Spoke with several reps and all insist that it is a targeted email which has its own promo code. Furthermore the code cannot be regenerated or transferred.

Great deal and whatever u do do not get cash back, 50K UR is worth about 1.000$ when used for travel. I dont have Chase Freedom but I have Saphire and Ink cards.

1 Like

Chase will give you 50K points if you just open a new sapphire card so if you want the points you don’t even need to buy or lease a Mazda.