Acura TLX possible discount questions

I have been helping a friend negotiate a lease quote for a TLX and we aren’t really in the ballpark with a local dealer price-wise. Can anyone share what prices have been achieved below invoice, including dealer cash? For example, base TLX I4 MSRP $32,950. Invoice is $31,646 - a 4% discount. Dealer cash should be $5,500 additionally.

Can Acura dealers hit 10%-off, plus dealer cash? More or less than 10%? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’m in the Philadelphia suburbs and despite the extra incentives I haven’t found a dealer to “play ball” with me yet either. What area are you in?

Last August had a good experience with Piazza acura of Ardmore…sales manager Jamie DiFebo. Picked up two base tlx…smoking deals 238 per month only first month due. Great to deal with.

I’m in Kansas City - the best quote we received was $440/mo for TLX V6 with Advance. $440 is certainly a lot for a TLX, but the MSRP is way up there too. The guy I’m helping shop wants the Adaptive Cruise control which is only available in the Advance. We never negotiated on the base because of what he is looking for options-wise. The base would obviously be way cheaper than the $45k version.

He’s pretty much settled on a Maxima SL for $366 including monthly 9% tax - 36 months / 12k miles. $38,700 MSRP on the Maxima. I couldn’t talk him into the trims that lease the best, but we were able to get 11%-off plus the $3,425 rebate on the SL.

Did you go in or deal entirely through email?

Email and then phone to confirm details and then went in to sign.

I’m dealing with him now and he keeps asking me to come in. I live close so I’m stopping in tomorrow

I lived a bit over an hour away so wanted it all clear before I went. He didn’t play any games you should be good to go.

You can find 17’ Acura TLX’s on Honckr app in NY for $318 a month with $1400 down. Not sure what the actual figures are or if that’s a good deal but it seems pretty good to me.

I’ve hit 22% off with incentives up for grabs on a tlx tech. 292 0 down all fees upfront 36/10. Philly area my fee is 150

2017 Acura TLX 4cyl Base

MSRP: [$32,950]
Selling Price: [$31,000] before lease incentives
Selling Price: [$25,500] Including $5500 in lease incentives
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]
Due at Signing: [1st month, doc, title, tax]
Monthly Payment (without tax): [$273]

Does this seem like a good deal, or should I try to get the sale price lower? Truecar shows $29,031 for the same car. Is that what I should expect to pay before incentives, so $23,531 with the $5,500 in incentives? That would lower the payment to $217/mo, a big difference.

Normally, Truecar’s initial price includes rebates. With Acura/Honda using dealer cash usually, instead of customer-facing cash rebates, Truecar doesn’t allow you to “uncheck” the box for rebates on TLX dealer cash. So, I think the Truecar number is calculated with the dealer cash factored in. Long way of saying I don’t $23,500 for TLX is realistic. That said your numbers look pretty good already. Under $300 including tax for TLX seems pretty good considering how low the residual is right now. My non-dealer opinion is dealer cost at Acura is invoice, minus 2-percent of MSRP for holdback, minus dealer cash ($5,500), plus acquisition fee for lease. I usually ignore dealer fee because they are another false cost/profit center and subtract out of final price.

I was also thinking that was the case with dealer cash on Truecar. The numbers do not make sense in this case.
MSRP is $32,950
Truecar Average is $29,031

That is $3,919 below MSRP
There is $3,500 lease cash and $2,000 bonus lease cash, $5,500 total incentives.
If the incentives are figured into the Truecar price, it should be less than $32,950-$5,500=$27,450, not the $29,031 shown.

I am trying to determine what is a fair selling price would be before incentives.

I do appreciate your input.

Last month when the incentives were about a grand less, I got 4k off from the dealer on a Tech model

Is that $4,000 off of MSRP before the incentives? So roughly, $37,000 MSRP, $33,000 Sales Price, $4,500 Incentives, $28,500 before Acquisition, Doc, Reg, Taxes?
Thanks for your help!

Correct … 20char

are deals to be had on V6 models? I don’t know if the 4cyl would be adequate enough for where and how I drive.

saw a significant discount on truecar, wasn’t sure how well they lease in comparison or if worth the difference. I’m in Los Angeles

How did it go for you?