Acura TLX deal check -- 9.2 leasehackr score

In under 10 min on the phone, I was able to negotiate a decent lease on the TLX A-Spec 4 cylinder (outgoing model).

Before you guys badger me on a 4 cylinder, outgoing Acura, I drive like an old man and can’t stand the seats on the 330i.

MSRP: 40,395
Sales price: 32,600
% discount: 19.3%
Payment: $402
36 months / 7.5k per yr
RV: 52%
MF: .00050
DAS: $568 (first month and fees only)

The MF is not inflated, but I could choose another lease deal with an inflated MF and more dealer cash.

I feel like this would be a good deal with another $1500 off selling price and a payment around $350.

You need to separate the incentives from the sale price.

There is something like $6k on lease incentive so you are getting a very small dealer discount, not worth it in my opinion for a car soon to be replaced by an all-new model. BMW 3 series (especially an ex-loaner) or a Volvo S60 should be better lease value at this point. If you are ok with an outgoing model, Lexus IS could also be a cheaper lease plus you’ll get the better driving dynamics of a rwd chassis…

Dealer positioned this deal as invoice price deal then took off all the dealer cash.

Have you independently confirmed that? Shouldn’t be hard to go under invoice either.

1 Like

And it “new” IS rides on the same platform as the outgoing car and has the same interior. Suspension upgrades will probably be good, though.

Yes, the dealer invoice is public knowledge, and it lines up to the dollar. I could ask them to go about 600 off extra for the holdback, but is it possible to go much deeper? I still have a few months left on my lease, so I may reengage this dealer once they get the first new TLX on the lot and closer to month end, when there’s greater urgency to do a deal.

The outgoing IS gets crappy mileage w/ AWD and it also doesn’t have apple carplay, not to mention that I’m not very fond of the styling. I’m 40, a TLX is more conservative and more my speed.

I would reach out to other dealers in your area.

You should be able to get to $350 per month.