Acura MDX Lease

Hi

Looking to lease MDX with tech package and getting this deal.

1. Want to understand if there is room for more negotiations
  2. This is a demo vehicle and listed under pre-owned section on the dealer website. Do I have to worry about anything w.r.t. maintenance etc or any benefits I lose

The dealer mentioned this is a demo vehicle with 3600 miles on it. They’ll give me 3 years 36000 miles on top. Attached calculator below which I have tried to punch in based on info given to me

$52,525 was the original MSRP
$44,534 is the sale price (includes $326 to pay for your license fees)
Plus you get 2 incentives:
($2400) Lease incentive
($1500) Conquest incentive
.00015 is the money factor (only $375 total interest paid over 3 years)
$26,496 is the residual value for 12k miles/year
$1498 total taxes (included in the $470/month payment)

So your lease payment on this vehicle will be $470, with just the $470 first payment made at delivery.

First of all the calculator is not 100% correct because it’s not yet set up for AFS demos. AFS demos lose $0.10 per mile of RV up to 6k miles max. (paging @tech_crew @littleviolette) So you’ll have to manually adjust the RV to reflect the mileage on it.

Manually adjusting the RV and fixing your drive-offs, here is the correct calculator which matches exactly;

Nobody can possibly tell you if you there is more room or not. 15% seems solid but we don’t see many AFS demos on here. You best bet is to reach out to multiple dealers with in-stock MDX demos. Personally, I would want more discount to make it worthwhile to lease a used obsolete vehicle.

Regarding the maintenance, it’s an Acura MDX. Maintenance is minimal, don’t get suckered into an expensive maintenance plan.

Are You sure that they didn’t include lease and conquest incentives in sales price?

The new calculator is matching the payment I have so rebates are on top of ~15% discount. I am not getting any other tech package MDX closer to this. Other option is Buick Avenir with similar payments

Are you shopping specifically for demos in a wide search radius?

I actually want new but not getting it in the $470/month including taxes down. Tried reaching out to several local dealers. One dealer suggested demo to meet the target price.

Also i think lease incentive is direct manufacturer to dealer so it should be added to untaxed incentives. Not sure though.

Are you just asking for quotes or are you making offers?

Hi

I am planning to lease MDX vs Buick Enclave Avenir with both quotes within $30 range. Wanted to check which one has better value. I have Enclave today and have test driven new Enclave but yet to drive MDX.

Also GM will charge me $495 disposition fee if I don’t take another GM vehicle but the $30 difference will make up for it. Any concerns around oil change, general maintenance between the 2 vehicles? Also I love the size in Buick as it can fit 6 large suitcases (28" or more) but no sure if MDX can fit those

1 Like

Just asking for quotes as I want to make an offer and then pick up if they meet it but not sure what that offer should be.

Well you got a quote for 15% with no trouble, so I’d probably offer 20% to every dealer in the region who had an MDX demo and see what happens. We just don’t have good data points on Acura demos like we do for BMW, MB, Volvo etc.

Thanks Chris. That helps!

Also had another topic which was merged here around MDX vs Enclave Avenir. I know a lot of it is personal preference but wanted to understand what others think

That manufacturer to dealer incentive should be $3400 I believe. You can verify with edmunds. Woodfield is offering 10% dealer discount before incentives without negotiating.