Acura MDX AWD w/ Tech or Advanced package - $12,500 off MSRP

No, but good advice…I’ll see if I can work out how to do that, thanks!

According to the Edmunds forums, it looks like the numbers are as follows:

.00190 (w/ security deposit) or .00200 (w/o SD) and 51% for 39/15
$6250 incentives

36 month 15 k per year residual is 53%.

The guys on Edmunds are just wrong. The security deposit for Acura is non-refundable. Therefore, the ~$7 savings on a monthly that it gets you does not cover the $595 deposit over 36 months. Use the .002 MF. 56% should be correct.

3 Likes

I had an Audi dealer did this. I asked for a proper worksheet quote with all the break downs but they keep sending this basic generic quote. With the discount, MF, and RV provided the monthly should be over $100 less but they refuse to do a proper quote. It’s either these sale guys have no clues on how lease is calculated or they are condition that the public have no clues on how lease works and they play these deceiving games.

Cronus,

Which dealership in Texas is offering $12,500 discount off of MSRP?

It’s David McDavid Acura, in Plano. Here’s what I got more recently from them:

MSRP: 52,695.00
Options: 989.00
Discount: -12,500.00
Sales Price Sub-Total: 41,184.00

Tax: 2,511.50
Tag & Title Fees: 235.25
Documentary Fee: 180.00
Rebate: -1,000.00
Acquisition Fee: 595.00
Balance Forward: 43,705.75

Money Factor: .00250
Residual 53% / 27928

I probably need to ask for a more standard 15k/year lease agreement, but at 16k/year they’ve got the following monthly payments for me:

Option 1: 1000 down, 650/month
Option 2: 2000 down, 619/month
Option 3: 2600 down, 600/month

Someone mentioned that the MF might be inflated, Honda/Acura dealers are NOT allowed to touch the money factor and that field is locked by Honda/Acura Financial. Honda is one of the few brands that does not encourage marking up the money factor, they don’t allow it - at all. Any lease would be rejected if the MF was not what AFS listed. Yes many other brands have a recommended dealer “point mark up” on the money factor, Honda is not one of them

Source - I’m in the business and have worked at a Honda store at chain that has an Acura store too.

As far as the dealer ad ons, Acura encourages dealers to install the hard adds (mats, locks, trunk tray and mud guards), Acura’s reason was “customer satisfaction”, of course it was about Acura selling parts to dealers. You can request a car without the stuff installed, but if its on the car they may not “throw it in” as it cost them money. I worked at an Acura dealer and I paid for the adds on my lease (cost, but still). If you really want a car without the adds, just request one that hasn’t been PDI’d yet and has no accessories on it. The mudguards are nice though, they save the body from side rash from gravel etc
If you really don’t want the adds, ask to see their incoming inventory allotment and choose a car and tell them not to install anything on that car

1 Like