Acura lease - sell to Acura/Honda payoff question. KBB Instant Cash Offer

I am 8 months into a 36 month lease. Not too crazy about my car and I’m considering selling it to Acura/Honda dealership since 3rd party buyout is a thing of the past now for the most part.

Completed a KBB Instant Cash Offer, and the value came back as $42k. The “Purchase Amount” on Acura Financial website is $38.6k with the verbage "The purchase amount displayed below is calculated based on today’s date and valid only for the lessee named on the lease agreement. In accordance with the lease agreement, lease purchases are only available to the lessee or authorized Honda or Acura dealers. Leased vehicles not purchased must be returned to an authorized Honda or Acura dealer. You can submit your payment here or at any Honda or Acura dealership. This quote is nontransferable and valid today only.:

Question is, if I sell it to an Acura/Honda dealer, is the payoff the same $38.6k? Are there any additional fees or upcharges involved?

Also, are the numbers on KBB Instant Cash Offer accurate given I’ve answered the questions honestly?

Thanks in advance.

There’s usually an extra buy out fee of a couple hundred thrown in there, but shouldn’t be substantially different.

I’d take the KBB instant offer numbers with a grain of salt.

Everything is so clonky with the market of used car prices nowadays so I would check your local market before considering the KBB value to be true. A quick check online can give you those results.

KBB isn’t a buyer per se; it’s a platform to connect buyers to seller. The ICO is only useful to the point that a dealer in their network writes you a check for that amount.

You should get some other online offers and click on “vehicle is owned” so that you get an actual valuation instead of a Dear John letter saying they don’t acquire Honda leases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.