Acura Integra Lease

, ,

The truth hurts :joy:

1 Like

It wasn’t MSRP, it was $1.6-1.8k over. I’m not super against financing I just always looked at leasing as the #1 option for me!

I really appreciate you mapping it out and explaining the horrible deal, thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

In all honesty most of us on here have leased b/c it made sense while allowing us a lower cost structure in order to drive a new under warranty vehicle and swap out in 24-36 months.

Over the last 18-24 months leasing has started to no longer make financial sense with the exception of maybe 2 vehicles. Of course you can still lease, it just isn’t going to be financially compelling to do so. Esp when your set on a car that doesn’t have a compelling combination of mf, rv, incentives, & dealer contribution to make all the numbers work.

9 Likes

Why? Leasing is really only advantageous when

You are looking at a car that will probably be cheap to maintain and retain it value fairly well. There is literally no advantage to leasing it.

I’d contact @aronchi as a first step.

5 Likes

https://www.integratalk.com/threads/acura-dealer-markup-thread.196/page-6#replies-header

Some data points on markup, not a lot, but might be helpful. I would not lease this car.

6 Likes

we can order one for you if you’d like. probably late august arrival.

1 Like

Ok, I definitely understand that. I’m basically looking to lease at a really bad time it seems. I guess I find a different car or whatnot. Thanks for your input :heart:!

I just don’t want the same car for a prolonged period of time. In general, things tend to break down rather rapidly by me so I’d prefer to have something short term and then be able to move on. Appreciate your input!

Any and everything is definitely helpful and appreciated. Thanks for your input!

Thanks, but I’ll pass for now!

You can do all these things if you purchase too.

1 Like

Ya, I’m starting to see that. I always associated buying with being “stuck” with it forever. However, clearly it’s not looking to be that way. Appreciate your input!

Might be irrelevant to this threat particularly, but this is spot on. I’m in the market for my first leased car but all I see is bad deals all around. The picture isn’t too good with financing either, given the high APRs, except for those EVs/PHEVs where you get good federal tax credits.

That said, anyone has any clue when can we expect seeing better deals? 1 year? or more?

I’ve bought six cars in 3 years, mostly financed. You can get in and out if purchased cars as much as you’d like. Probably a bit easier since most lease contracts have extra fees associated with them.

2 Likes

There are still places to get car loans for 2.XX% APR. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya, I didn’t know this until many of yall enlightened me. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

Nothing is 100%, but one is almost never stuck w/ a Honda or Toyota (esp a well-maintained model). :slight_smile:

People love buying them, even used, b/c of the perceived reliability (which sometimes matches the actual reliability). And it seems like you won’t drive the car to a high mileage, so that makes it even more enticing for someone to buy it used.

But you could also drive the competing cars from MB, BMW, and Audi to see if you like those, too.

1 Like

Seems like a hot car… purchase then flip in a year or year and a half. Doubt the market is going to recover by then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.