Acura integra A spec technology package lease deal

I got 3% below MSRP with a manual, should be able to do better than that with an auto.

2 Likes

So I’m replacing a 2019 GLI Autobahn with an integra and in all honesty, I kinda hated the GLI. Had a 2016 before and thought it was a lot better, but the current gen felt really cheap and the sound system was horrendous. It drove great but that’s about it. That being said it’s a fair bit cheaper.
If you like the car all power to you, just figured I’d throw my 2 cents in before you commit to it.

need more pics of the Prelude!

2 Likes

Thanks, I preferred the GLI to the Elantra N. Unfortunately my next car has to be automatic so my wife can drive it (already tried to say I would teach her, but she wasn’t having it). I would rather have a DSG/DCT than the CVT in the Civic, Integra or WRX.

That being said I have not test drove an Integra yet, but so far WRX was the worst, loud on the highway and cheap interior, the Elantra N was lots of fun, but the exhaust was gimmicky, the GLI felt the most grown up to me, quietest of the 3 on the highway and still fun enough to drive, plus there are so many aftermarket parts available for it, but the same can be said for the Integra.

I just threw up in my mouth. $537 a month with $2,900 DAS?

How comfortable are you with lighting $10,000+ on fire?

Because that’s the difference between 2 successive 3yr leases and owning the car for 6 years.

So in all fairness, that’s the first quote any Acura dealer will give. Pre-any negotiation whatsoever lol.

1 Like

Yeah GLI is def the most adult-like of the three. My mom vetoed the Elantra N as soon as she heard the exhaust lol

Half the reason I married my wife was she drove stick…haha…we always have a manual in the garage!

Outside of engine in GTI it was the plaid cloth sport seats I really wanted…and I like the new knobless UI, very slick look and feel.

3 Likes

needs a set of wheels! I liked the haptic buttons on the GLI wheel but definitely need physical buttons for the climate control and volume.

Eh volume channel station change etc on wheel. Climate is one push. I find it very easy. But I’m engineer too. Ha

The wheels are actually growing on me…they look cool when moving…

Well the 2900 down I was told was for NY taxes, dmv fees and the first months payment. But now I know I can get a better deal closer to the 450s-60s. I’d consider buying the lease out when the time comes. You don’t recommend leasing then ?

I’m an engineer too lol, I am old school with my cars though.

3 Likes

There seem to be some misconceptions around what leasing is and who benefits from leasing.

The people who benefited most from leasing were those who were going to drive brand new BMWs, Mercedes, etc anyway and found leasing as a way to lower their TCO (total cost of ownership).

They could do so because they had the cash to put down MSD, had loyalty from prior ownership, or had corp/fleet from working at a select list of companies, knew about OL codes and had bought CCA membership, etc etc.

Leasing also benefited people who wanted … let’s call them “toys” for lack of a better word and again had the financial security to easily afford the overlapping monthly payments and insurance coverage on those extra cars. People who could pick up a Camaro V8 on a whim, an extra Mini to toss around, a Taco here and a Frontier there; maybe even a Jaguar F-type.

Aside from those exceptional circumstances with great combinations of 4 variables (discount, rebates, RV and MF), it doesn’t make sense to lease most vehicles. 6 year ownership will save thousands of dollars over 2 successive 3yr leases.

2 Likes

You make good points and it makes sense to finance which is still an option for me. But what if I lease with the intent to buy ? With interest rates being high even with good credit I was advised to look into leasing through a broker and see the best deal I can get. Leasing would be about 200 bucks cheaper, maybe more. Not 100 sure if I’m gonna lease or finance but since it’s my first new car purchase ever, wanted to leave no stone unturned and consider leasing even if it might not be the better option. Whether I lease or finance I can probably get 4-6 percent off msrp.

You don’t have to use dealer financing. There are some outside sources that you can use to finance at lower rates. Check out the credit finance thread

Ask and you shall receive

8 Likes

You’ll waste a lot of money over the lifetime of this strategy.

Lease acq fee + rent charge + any purchase fee + second title + used car loan APR

Versus

New car loan APR (shop around), then refi when rates are lower.

If you thought new car loans have high rates just look at used car loans.

1 Like

Looks like it is in great condition! Have you checked what they go for now?

1 Like

You’re making me miss my Preludes! My 1998 Type SH most of all.

Always wanted an Electron Blue Pearl 2001 Type SH. Or at least a base 5-speed with the factory wing.

1 Like