Acura Financial Services backed up by 2 months?

I need some expert guidance please. I negotiated my wife’s new lease almost 2 months ago. The dealership paid the last 3 months of her previous Acura lease and she went into the new one with 1st month only due at signing. It’s a ILX w/ premium. I know, I know. Not the best car to lease but it was her choice so she got the car she wanted for $283/mo. (Including tax)
So here’s the story. 1 month later, no statement in the mail and no account number. Called Acura Financial and they had no record of the new lease.Called the dealership and got a lot of excuses like “Covid outbreak at Acura Financial”. “Everyone’s working from home”. “We’ll have your account number by next week”. Next week comes and goes and still no account number.
We’re going on 2 months now and the sales rep just texted my wife (Finally) with the New account number and another apology. Tried to register it on the Acura Financial Services website but it still doesn’t recognize the account number.
At this point, the second payment is almost 30 days past due but then again, maybe not, if the account is just now being set up.
Has anyone experienced this with Acura/Honda recently?
Did the dealership perhaps play some kind of timing game and try to push the deal into July for some reason?
Most importantly, could this affect her good credit since the second payment is technically late?
Appreciate any advice!

Has the previous lease been paid off by the dealer? Did you call AFS to ask about both accounts/vehicles?

1 Like

Yes. The lease was paid off within 3 days of swapping cars. When we called AFS, they said they had no record of a new lease. Just that the old one was paid in full and terminated.

The dealer can make a payment (or two) on your behalf.

1 Like