About to throw the Towel but DONT want to order a Tesla - what to do?

Wait do people believe this is true?

39k model 3, plus 1200 delivery doc, plus order fee, and so forth.

1 Like

Can confirm it does not come off of the bottom line. It is a line item just like any other.

3 Likes

Yeah I guess some people are so used to assuming that any prepayment is a deposit that they can’t see something right in front of their eyes.

So their “39k” model 3 is actually 40k

Somehow this still ended up turning into a Tesla discussion lol…

its 39,990… still below 40k - its also awesome how they market “price after potential savings”

the higher you go up in price/model/0-60 the earlier delivery estimates - genius!

You can get 360 cameras on X3s still, it’s part of the parking assistance package. You can also order the driver assistance package for things like ACC.

No they scrapped these options on the 4 cylinder models (330, X3 30) for now due to chip shortage. its now only on the more expensive trims/engines.

ACC is part of Driver Assistance Professional Package.

I’m in a similar scenario in the EV world and I’m now looking at a Leaf. Yes I know not as “luxurious”, or as quick as a Tesla but after the rebates and incentives are factored in my goodness it becomes quite the affordable car. Seems like you should easily be able to get most of it back within a couple years.

Not sure if you live in a tax free state or not, I don’t, but the tax I would pay on a Tesla alone would cover all the expected depreciation I would expect on the Leaf under the worst of circumstances after the incentives.

I’m in the market for a commuter though so my requirements may be different than yours. Would have much rather gotten a Bolt or Bolt EUV but they seemed to stuffed that up! Am also considering an ID4 but I do wonder where it’ll be at in 2-3 years but apart from the horrible haptic feedback buttons so overall like the car for the most part. Would cost more in the long run I would think but it’s also a more substantial vehicle.

Plus, good luck getting a new Tesla in 45 days :smiley:

1 Like

And only in one color. When you look at what other colors cost you think they are having some unknown savant paint the vehicle instead of some robots filling from a vat of just different colored paint…

I get the metallic or pearl or whatever paint jobs cost more but man on a Tesla even basic nothing fancy black is a significant up charge! Luckily the best paint job is probably in white to hide all the expected imperfections. The black just looked not gooooood!

[quote=“wlahome4rent, post:70, topic:385337, full:true”]
I’m in a similar scenario in the EV world and I’m now looking at a Leaf. Yes I know not as “luxurious”, or as quick as a Tesla but after the rebates and incentives are factored in my goodness it becomes quite the affordable car. Seems like you should easily be able to get most of it back within a couple years.

Not a lot of inventory of Leaf here - offered an aggressive price on a 22’ SL+ just to be ghosted (after dealer was all over me for a week)

Plus, good luck getting a new Tesla in 45 days :smiley:

The idea was never to get a Tesla - anyway bought myself time until February.

You may want to rethink that. Isn’t the Leaf on the lower end of resale value % among EVs?

Yes but $3,000 cash on the hood, $7,500 rebate, $1,500 CCFR, $2,000 CCRP makes for a Leaf @ $14.5k before taxes/fees. I doubt you wouldn’t be able to get that back or close to it after 2-3 years. Shoot what’s a 3 year lease cost these days!

Similar situation here regarding only needing 1 car throughout 2020. I got our Tesla Model 3 June 2019, then purchased a Honda Clarity plug in hybrid Dec 2019. Pandemic strikes, start working from home. Only 1700 miles on the odo by Jan 2021 on the Honda when selling to vroom for $2400 above what we originally paid. Fast forward to July when all signs pointed to return to work and school starting soon. Time to find another car. Were looking for used Leafs to hold us out for a couple years until the Ford Maverick can be picked up off lot inventory some day. Ended up buying a used 2014 Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive for $12k. Really happy with the car. Interior is real nice even for its age. Would still pick the Model 3 if we had to go back down to 1 car - interior doesn’t matter when the Model 3 drives like an extension of your foot in single pedal mode. If you can pick up a Model Y (or 3) used through vroom or shift, maybe do that if the price is good. Doesn’t matter if it’s mid range or long range. 200mi is plenty.

Ps- no regrets selling the Honda. I did not like it.

1 Like

Very unlikely…

I’ve had about 20 cars in my life. Model Y is easily my favorite one to drive. If you get a Tesla, more than likely you won’t be selling it next year for something else. :grinning:

2 Likes

I have a 3SR+ on order. The point is, if you want one then order it. The prices from these third party dealers don’t make any sense to buy.

1 Like

I’ve got a MYLR on order. I am going to do a second test drive this week, just to be sure it’s the right car. I did a test drive a few months ago, but since it’s been a while, I thought a second test drive was called for.

I am also considering Nissan and Subaru. One thing I like about Tesla is that I could configure the car exactly how I wanted it. Subaru said I could do a factory order if I wanted, but Nissan said no. Nissan said they would see that they have coming in, but couldn’t guarantee that I could get exactly what I wanted.

1 Like

Such as right now… when an XC40 in the NE is apparently $100 more a month than an XC90 :joy:

https://www.volvocars.com/us/care-by-volvo/

So lame that they did this but I understand for now. Was looking at getting an X4 but only want to get one that has ACC & the M40I is just out of my budget.

Hey it has over 200 miles electric range!

1 Like