A little advice

Sorry in advance if this has been reviewed before. I’m working with a dealership in Maryland on a demo car and it advertises a lease at $4xx sign and drive $0 on the website. I ask for a quote and the sales guy gives me something ridiculous back$543 a month with 4222.00 down which includes rebates. It’s on a BMW 340 2018. When I call him out on the quote he emailed me back that the advertised lease is a special “owners choice lease”. This does not sound right to me. Can someone give their opinion?
Thanks

Thats a BS excuse. I wouldnt even go back to them.

Take details from their ad and try to replicate in calculator (get RV and MF off Edmunds). Once you understand the numbers, you can press them to make good on the payment. Going to be the same at other dealers. Process is the same regardless. Simply walking away will not get you a deal.

Ok. Thanks I think it’s BS too. But I was not sure. Yes I put it in the calculator and from what I see it by using the sales price listed exclusive of the rebates get’s me close to the $469. I agree simply walking away is not the answer but I can’t believe the BS the sale guy is trying to feed me. He has not given the brake down for his numbers with the email and stated I should call him to discuss the quote.

Bypass the salesman, try going directly to F&I mgr. Say, I’m serious about buying , don’t feel I’m getting a straight answer… Pin them down first on sales price, then inquire about programs you may qualify for. Then it’s simply math from there. No I don’t want tire/wheel, paint protection etc…

IMO you’ll never get a good deal from these guys after effectively identifying yourself as a noob. Arm yourself with the right knowledge and start elsewhere

It’s all part of the conquest. Let’s see if Newbie can get it done.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will update you guys hopefully in the trophy section.

Just an update- so the sales guy came back with the following numbers
MSRP- $61235.00
Discount- $ 13235.00
Sale price $48000
Aftermarket $1,394 (Lo Jack $795, IBEX $599)
Customer Cash 4,222.85
Residual $35808.00
Money Factor .00196
monthly payment $543.94 for 12/36 term
I emailed him back that I would not pay for IBEX paint job to remove the lo-jack and inquired about the money factor mark-up.
I was looking for sale price $48000
minus rebates $3000
with a drive off of $3150 which includes NY taxes up front, fees and 1st payment
He never responded back- Was is a reasonable offer for a demo(340I GT) with 4,232 miles?

I can’t understand why you’re wasting your time with them when there are many more dealerships in the area and they keep stringing you along.

MF is marked up to the max for Tier 1. Should be .00156.

Discount is about 17% when you back out incentives. 22% with. I would stick to your 48k asking price before incentives. This might be tough, however, as this is an 18, and the 19s haven’t hit the lot yet.

Here’s one from last month, very similar to yours, albeit on a 17. They did a 24 mo term, however. If you can get them to agree to this sales price, a 24 mo would be a cheaper payment than 36.

Aftermarket junk is padded profit. That adds about 40 bucks to your payment.

Why is walking away not the answer? If it were me, I’d say it’s time to move on and quit letting them string you along. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

1 Like

Reach out to Freehold BMW in NJ. They had very aggressive pricing on their new 340i x-drives a couple weeks ago. Certainly nothing requiring over $4K customer cash.

I agree with the other posters. You need to tell them the terms you are looking for, or how you want your quote structured. They are just going to try and play the monthly payment game with you. You need to establish that you want $0 down quotes. Your call if you want zero drive off or not.

Do a little more research and see ways to save on BMW. There’s $1000 savings codes out there as well.

1 Like

Only available on new. If he’s strictly looking at loaner/demo, this wouldn’t be applicable

I’ll look into other dealerships. I’m willing to ship for a good deal. I was originally looking at the X4 because it’s due to get a re-design soon and the 2019 models will be on the dealer lots. But there seem to be few cars left and the dealerships are unwilling to work on a deal. So I turned to the 340GT for the extra space in the trunk. I know the aftermarket add-in is BS and I should have moved on when the sales guy tried to pull “incentives” for in state buyers only business. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

I’m being now offered the following. Thoughts?

Money factor still marked up. With 4k+ in driveoffs you are still at a 500+ effective payment.
Shouldn’t 24mo lease out better?
Need to get MF down.

They are not willing to go down on the money factor with the rebate included. I asked for 1st payment, taxes up front, acquisition fee up front and doc fee which which is 699 and additional 240 for a service used to close out of state deals. I want to include these to lower the paymemt.
Thoughts?