911 GT2RS Auction - Good deal?

Watched this auction today and I’ve never seen anything like it. Bid up to a quarter million dollars on a car, site unseen, from a remote keyboard. GMTV’s got some big ones. What do you think, did they get a good deal?

Absolutely stole that car.

5 Likes

Accident on the carfax, so good deal but not selling for north of $300k. Two accidents.

5 Likes

Missed that, yea prolly Deff effects resale

It had sat for months on OVE, but accidents killed it. Chad will make a few thousand running it in his own lane.

5 Likes

Inflation at 3% - excess cash being soaked up - Biden re-elected- these prices will crash one day

10% discounts on at least the base model soon

And this is relevant to a gt2 rs how

6 Likes

Would be the perfect 2RS as a track toy but as a collector’s item, which most of these are, 2 rear accidents kill the value.

Wonder what percent of ones that are actually driven end up in a wreck. I mean if you’re doing it right and actually pushing the thing it has to be somewhat common right, tho ofc is gonna sting your pocketbook when you actually do wreck it.

Cars sell for way more than this all the time on Barrett-Jackson, Mecum and BaT. Sight unseen with a keyboard.

3 Likes

Even on the dealer side, I would say nearly 25%-33% of our used cars are sold to out of state buyers. Send a video, some up close photos, and that’s all the client sees until the truck pulls up to their driveway.

1 Like

If I’m spending $100k+ on a used car I’m spending extra $600 to see it in person before signing. That’s just me though.

I agree. I have bought several cars sight unseen.

I think Chad said his typical car is 1k profit