66% of Cars Stolen in Milwaukee are Kia, Hyundai

I feel especially sorry for the guy who no longer has his Honda Santafee.

(Stat/video from Milwaukee)

Inspired by a NextDoor post I saw this morning:

1 Like

I love how they say ‘It’s a rite of passage’, I can only speak for myself but the vast majority of people I know don’t steal cars for fun.

I also haven’t wrapped myself around a tree yet - but that’s still a teen possibility for a little bit longer.

4 Likes

The thieves that are always breaking into dealers in the Chicago area to steal cars/parts are almost always teenagers 15-18. More of a right of passage for gang-membership than being a teenager.

2 Likes

It’s probably like an initiation thing, if you don’t have the balls to rob a dealership, you can’t be in the gang :joy:

1 Like

Pre-2021 this was LH. :rofl:

18 Likes

There’s an enormous difference between a right and a rite.

7 Likes

Mhmm, that NYU+NYUAD education at work.

Two wrongs don’t make a right; three rights do make a left.

4 Likes

And there’s a world of difference between right and ‘right’.

I like to drink and dance all night.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/kia-and-hyundai-vehicle-thefts-are-rising-due-to-design-flaw/ar-AAZ6bRM

Ballers, watch your Kias.

1 Like

Google Kia boys Milwaukee. They actually stream their crimes and made a music/dance video. Milwaukee sucks. I forgot to lock my doors one night and they ransacked my car.

Hyundai and Kia have launched a nationwide campaign to roll out software updates

Police departments around the country are running update events. If your car is affected, check your local news.