$5,000 Mopar Lifetime Maxcare bonus cash offer

Bought our 2014 Town and Country used back in Nov 2014 and bought a Lifetime Mopar Maxcare warranty $100 deductible for approx. $2,200.

Anywho’s, got a letter from Maxcare in the mail offering $5,000 off most new 2022 units and 2023 Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, Giulia, and Stelvio. This would be in addition to existing rebates and dealer discount. Wasn’t considering selling the van anytime soon but wondering if this can be parlayed into a Hackr worthy

lease or purchase. We have 2 Wrangler 4xe already so unless there was some equity to be had there (probably none or very little), I am thinking to hold onto it, if they want me out of the contract that badly. Guessing with values of used vehilces being so high, they are worried the contract will not expire anytime soon (it expires "The maximum benefit amount should a covered component of the Vehicle fail will be THE TOTAL COST OF THE
REPAIRS PER VISIT LESS THE DEDUCTIBLE, OR THE CASH VALUE OF THE VEHICLE, WHICHEVER IS LESS!)

Anybody have any ideas?

2 Likes

Maybe a 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Summit Reserve if you could find a dealer willing to discount deeply and the existing incentives stacked?

It’s already expired no? “MVP Lifetime Warranty must be canceled no later than 3/31/2023 to obtain certificate”. Take delivery within 90 days of cert. issuance."

In the smalllll af print

Saw that but guessing they forgot to update it to 4/30/23 as stated in the 2nd paragraph.

Looking at the incentives… they are worse than GM used to be!!! So many to dig through!

Excludes the TRX and 392 Wrangler but not the hellcats? :eyes:

1 Like

Wait they will give you 5k for canceling the warranty :joy:

They really don’t trust their product

1 Like

It says “up to” $5,000. I have not pursued it further yet to see what that means. I might email my Wrangler 4xe sales guy and see if he can tell me what it would do for a Grand Cherokee 4xe.

Can you use it on the new dodge demon?

If you can find a 2022 DEMON, sure.

I called the number, the very nice lady said the $5,000 is good for any vehicle listed on the form. Additionally, I would get Employee Pricing. I do not know what that would be on a base 2022 GC 4xe, or if that would kick out some lease cash or not. I would think a good negotiation of about 9-10% off sticker would be less than employee pricing, not sure. Hmm, do I want to try to work something up or not…

1 Like

You’ll never know unless you try. You’re on this site for a reason!!

1 Like

Bad news…. Employee discount is only about $4,000 on a GC 4xe. Can’t stack web $1,000 offer. Stupid Jeep loyalty offer requires an expiring lease within about 1 year, so not a true loyalty offer. Local dealer not willing to play ball on discount. Lease would be about the same monthly as our Wranglers and I like them better than GC. Not a bad deal but not worth giving up my warranty.

Good news… offer is good through August so plenty of time to make something happen.

Thanks to all who offered good advice as always!!

2 Likes

Who determines the cash value for your warranty? If the transmission went and it was $5000 to replace, couldn’t they say the cash value is $2000 and we are giving you that instead?

When the cash value of vehicle is less than the repair, Mopar pays me the cash value of the vehicle and warranty is expired. Retail nada value

Lifetime warranty on a FCA/mopar should be $120k