40 Days After Lease - Dealer Demands $1300+ Payment

STILL waiting for VW Corporate to find out what the hell is going on. They were supposed to have a resolution within 24 hours, its now been almost 5 days. VW says they are still waiting for Timmons to get back to them with information.

1 Like

VW Credit = No Help
VW Corporate = No Help (Honestly shocking to me).

This dealer is fucking me over and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. This is absolutely ridiculous!

If I was in your shoes I would lawyer up at this point. Anyway it’s being cut it looks like you’re facing a bill and no one is taking responsibility or helping from VW’s end.

What happens if OP just doesn’t pay? The worst they can do is file small claims, where a judge would decide what’s what.

Send him to collections, impact his credit, repo the car.

Dealer still has the authority to repo the car or even report this on the credit? I am catching up a bit, but assumed the car was already sold to bank.

Yah, I don’t have a whole lot of great options here. If it comes to it, I will see them in court.

They can’t repo the car, this issue is only with the dealer, not VW Credit.

1 Like

Ah got it, but if the dealer isn’t playing ball they may just opt to hire a collections agency to get the money. Not sure from your post how receptive they are being or if they are just as confused as you.

It may not apply in your situation, but a dealer CAN repo a car under some circumstances

The dealer just told VW Corporate to F-Off, essentially, so not exactly receptive… :slight_smile:

How can they repo a car when I’m not behind on the payment? This is completely unrelated to the lease itself.

I’m so curious to see how this pans out. If the dealer wins this one, I may be inclined to develop my own “We owe” form that the sales manager will have to sign stating I owe them nothing more than what was on the sales contract. haha.

1 Like

I will be doing this in the future with any car purchase. They could essentially come at me for any amount they decided to make up out of thin air. It’s pretty sickening in all honesty!

They took 25 days to process the lease paperwork, in which the buyout payoff changed. It has absolutely nothing to do with me and I would have never signed the lease in the 1st place with this additional amount tacked on.

Honestly, why are you not getting a lawyer involved now? It seems like they have done nothing, but make the situation worse for you. If they see they are going to have to go to court I am sure they will find a solution quickly.

Because a lawyer costs money. Why should I have to pay money to get out of a situation that isn’t my making? Yes, its a rhetorical question, but none-the-less true…

2 Likes

Too early for a lawyer, IMHO. Agree it is money that you shouldn’t even have to spend. Wait to see what they do.

Have you requested proof of this increased payoff?

From what I am seeing there are 2 realistic outcomes:

1. They pay for the $1,300 and eat the loss
  2. They send for a collections agency for the amount.

The more time passes the more that 2nd option seems to start becoming a reality.

Yes, those are indeed the outcomes. #1 isn’t going to happen by the sounds of it.

If they were going to fold and eat the loss, it would have happened when VW Corporate called in with a formal customer complaint. They spoke to the GM of Timmons and they didn’t budge what-so-ever. I don’t see how getting a lawyer involved is going to change their opinion.

What’s incredible to me is that I would imagine most standard leases have a clause similar to this. Dealer makes a mistake and somehow its my fault?!

Go to the top of VW and you can also ask Elliot site for help to take your case on.

Your comment made it sound like you thought a dealer could never repo a car. Thus the reason I said it may not apply to you, but…