3rd Party BMW Lease Buy Out Dilemma! Please help!

Hi everyone,

Would greatly appreciate some help, since I don’t know what I’m doing.

I have my 2020 BMW X4 lease coming up on January 14, 2024, here in Los Angeles, with a payoff of $27,900.

I already got a Tesla so I want to avoid paying a disposition fee ($400) with BMW in a few weeks and the cost of a pretty bad dent in the car (around $1,500) so I’ve been talking to 3rd party company like AutoNation and CarStub.

They are basically offering me $28,000 for the car, and I believe it sounds like there is a 10 day period with BMW to clear the finances?

The used car manager at Autonation is telling me he can get the car paid off in just a few days and BMW also has a 10 day grace period from my January 14th deadline, so I’ll be OK.

I have read some yelp reviews where it takes time for the company to payoff the car.

Do you guys think it’s worth while I take a chance going through a 3rd party lease buyout with these companies?

Any major issues I should be aware of? I’m wondering what happens if they don’t payoff the car in time, because they’re telling me what I want to hear but who knows.

Any advice would be tremendously appreciated! Thank you so much!!

If you sell to Autonation it’s not a third party sale. Their BMW franchise will pay off BMWFS.

I wouldn’t sweat it. However, if it’s going to give you anxiety why not sell it a week before the 14th?

1 Like

Autonation has BMW dealers so you are fine. Just sell it to them tomorrow and remove the car from your insurance.

They will still charge you the dispo fee though - I sold my BMW lease to Autonation as well and was surprised when BMWFS still dinged me for the dispo fee.

I just sold one to an Autonation BMW dealer but to their credit they volunteered up that information and said BMWFS would be charging me the disposition fee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.