$3k Chevy rebate qualifications

I think it’s awesome the information available here and I was hoping someone could help.

I do have to say that it has been a challenge getting local dealers (in Florida shopping for a 2017 Colorado) to acknowledge the $3k rebate. They all seem to be very aware of the $500 GM loyalty and the $1500 conquest lease rebate and the bonus tags, but not the $3k program. Regardless, I finally had one “look into it” and they said I wouldn’t qualify because my current Mazda lease doesn’t end for another 23 months. They claim the qualifications for the $3k program are that the competitive lease must have a scheduled end date within 365 days of the delivery date of the new vehicle?

I’ve read through so many topics here and elsewhere and haven’t been able to find any such terms being mentioned. So I would appreciate any insight from the community.

Thanks!

1 Like

THEY ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE 365 DAYS. YOUR CURRENT LEASE MUST MATURE IN LESS THAN 365 DAYS.

Thanks for the confirmation bsanders. Although that seems like a pretty big detail. Can you say whether the $1500 competitive lease rebate may still be applicable?

1 Like

Can this really be true? If so, that seems like really important information that would be in the fine print somewhere. But it’s not. All we get from GM is this:

1. Excludes 2017 Cruze, Malibu, and Equinox L models, Traverse LS Base model, Colorado Base models, 2017 Silverado 2500/3500HD, Corvette, Spark, SS, Express, City Express, and 2018 Equinox and Bolt. Must show proof of current lease of a 2008 or newer Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru or Kia vehicle. Not available with special financing, and some other offers. Take delivery by 3/31/17. See dealer for details.

2. Must show proof of current lease of a 2008 or newer Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru or Kia vehicle. Customer remains responsible for remaining lease payments. Example based on survey. Each dealer sets its own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2017 Volt LT with an MSRP of $34,095. 36 monthly payments total $8,236. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. GM Financial must approve lease. Mileage charge of $.25/mile over 45,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, excess wear and a disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with some other offers. Take delivery by 3/31/17. See dealer for details.

That’s an awfully important bit of info to lump under the ‘details.’ Well, if true, I’ll be terminating my Volt shopping this evening. Our Nissan lease end is about 2 years away.

HK

I’m not exactly sure if its written in the fine print anywhere, but I did see on a couple of dealer websites that actually mention the Asian lease bonus that the current lease end date must be within 365 days. Perhaps someone who used the Asian lease bonus can confirm? Especially if the lease they used had over 1 year of payments left?

Yes, my dealer told me that the lease has to end within 1 year for you to qualify.

Does anyone have any detail on the 1500 Conquest if you cant get the Asian 3K?

1 Like

So I just got off the phone with one of my local dealerships. They pulled up the complete PDF on the $3k competitive lease incentive, and they’re telling me that the 365 day period for lease end ONLY applies if you’re getting the vehicle as part of a GM employee purchase program or dealership employee purchase program. According to them (again, just verbal), there’s no requirement at all on the lease end date for regular people.

Anyone else hear something different?

HK

1 Like

I just traded my Nissan on an Equinox. I never mentioned my end of lease date, and they never asked me. I guess it’s possible they called NMAC to confirm the End of Lease date when verifying the payoff. I did not purchase as a GM employee or dealer employee. I was within the 365 days, however.

My Mazda lease is not up for 24 months and I was able to get the Asian $3k conquest lease. YMMV?

Can you only use the competitive lease incentive once per VIN?

I used my lease in late December for my brother to get the $2,000 incentive on an Equinox lease. And wanting to use mine again to get the $3,000 competitive incentive for my mother, and possibly for my father.