30 or 36 mo lease? NC

Can anyone chime in on advantages or disadvantages of a 30 vs 36 month lease for BMW?

Off the top of my head I can think property tax and registration fees for NC, but prorated taxes can be returned on lease end here. Any thoughts?

Also - loaner/demo iX M60 for ~1k/mo on a 15k mi term with no MSDs and first month DAS, I jump on this right??

Purely speaking from a NC perspective there’s no advantage or disadvantage to a 36 vs. 30 month term.

You can get a prorated refund of your annual property taxes if you turn in your lease before the end of your 12 month period. I’ve done this before, it takes a little time but the check did eventually come.

As to your deal on the iX, if you post all the details like MSRP, selling price, incentives, MF, etc. then I’m sure you’ll receive some educated opinions, but until then it’s impossible to say whether what you have is good or not. I personally wouldn’t be caught dead in one but that’s just me :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!

MSRP of 118k, discount of 26k, lease cash/incentive 9900. Don’t have the MF but it’s likely a bit inflated. Terms are 36/15k mi.

One other consideration for me is when the first in service date was for warranty and maintenance purposes. So in that case 30 mo might work better.

I also am not a huge fan of the looks, but driving wise as an EV, fit and finish, range and efficiency there’s not much else out there.

Don’t you get all those things on the 50?

Oh for sure, I am looking at those as well, just having a harder time finding as significant a discount on 50s around me.

I should add the 15k mile term is needed for us as we tend to put more miles on our vehicles.

On the surface it seemed to me that paying 32-36k for depreciation for a 118k car for 3 yrs and 45k miles wasn’t bad, but maybe I’m looking at it the wrong way.

30 doesn’t make sense for BMW considering it’s only a 2% RV bump.

1 Like

That’s a good deal. I used a broker here and am paying a $960 a month for 36/10 in NC with max MSD’s ($7000) and only first month DAS for an iX 50 that was new and stickered at $100k.

I agree paying about $34-36k for 3 year’s use makes sense when these cars depreciate that much coming off the lot.

1 Like

Your goal should be to minimize TCO when it can go lower. In December a 50 was a low $700s plus tax kinda payment so that’s more like 26-27k

As always I recommend looking at Marketplace pricing for both the IX as well as any acceptable substitutes such as Q4 Etron or EQE SUV

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.