3 Row SUV Search

My wife has officially put the squash on the XC90 and Grand Highlander. :frowning:

I’m also considering the Lincoln Aviator… but not sure how good they are over time.

Cx-9 also isnt a 3 row suv.

They just mislabled the cargo divider in the trunk as a “seat”.

2 Likes

The new big body range

Yes the Aviator is a good pick. Like you said idk about longevity, ford is slightly very slightly more reliable than the other Americans worth a shot. I find this thread so funny because my family is the same way with brands. No GM, No Toyota, no Honda and no stellantis but that’s a different story they make good vehicles otherwise. Years ago it was so difficult to find a 3 row option but now there are just so many options it’s hard to choose so I feel your pain. best of luck!

1 Like

The volvo is not in the same league as the x7 or Gls.

Go for the 130 then

Aviator is a nice Explorer. It’s really nice when it’s new, but IMHO, the interior doesn’t age well, at least compared to Japanese brands. But it should be fine for the first 4-5 years. Third row is larger than Highlander, but trunk space is limited with the third row up, which is the case with pretty much every mid size suv.

Model X just had its price reduced significantly

If you’re concerned about MPG then 3rd row large SUV should be out of your list. If you plan on owning a used German you should look into warranty. If you want to fit everyone comfortably then your choice is a minivan such as Sienna or Odyssey. There are not many luxury full-size SUV for $70K new if mpg is a concern majority are V8.

1 Like

I had an Armada rental recently. It’s definitely not that spacious for 3-rows of passengers plus luggage considering how big it is on the outside.

The third row is more useless than any crossover I’ve driven because, despite the second row having ample legroom, none of that can be distributed to the third row. The second row did not slide forward and back. It’s fixed in the position for maximum second row legroom and minimum for the third row.

1 Like

Revisiting this thread now that my wife and I are ready to buy an SUV for her.

We just checked out a Lincoln Aviator and LandRover Discovery… both were impressive interiors with enough space for us.

Anyone have any feedback on the Discovery or Aviator?

We plan to pay cash for a CPO and own for 7-8 years.

Lincolns as worth 34% after 8 years
Land Rovers are 35% after 8 years

What about BMW and LEXUS ? Let’s put it in context

BMW X7 is 41%
Lexus is 44%
But here’s the link so you can check it out, find your make / model and click Depreciation.

Oooooo…

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?#listing=368248045/NONE/DEFAULT

1 Like

Did you check out the MDX?

Hot damn that’s a rig!

Wife said no because it will feel like an older gen car. I tried to tell how the LX holds value and doesn’t break. Oh well.

1 Like

As long as you’re getting enough of a discount. So are you?

I had an Armada rental a few months ago… car have 2k miles on it but the engine/transmission sounded like trash.

Was extremely disappointed with the car.

Get an EV9! :slight_smile:

In the grand scheme of it… that’s a delta about $4-5k in depreciation over 8 years if both vehicles are same purchase price.

But the real fun comes in determining the ownership costs for repairs and etc. so I get your point.

X7 gets ranked first in its segment for many reasons here.