3 row SUV lease advice

If you don’t need a proper third row (and you may not if you’re looking at the XC90), check out the 2021 Kia Sorento.

1 Like

It held the top spot for interesting minivan for about 10 minutes… And then Kia said “Hold my beer.”

1 Like

Fixed that for ya! The new Kia minivan is pretty good… @ethanrs odds of market adjustment on a minivan?

1 Like

appreciate all the responses from everyone and I’m definitely going to take a look at all the options recommended (especially the Volvo) also my wife would rather walk then drive a mini van lol

That’s amazing amazing deal for an explorer! Hopefully I could get something close to that because I do like the explorer

That is not an amazing deal (effectively $450 before taxes) on a lightly equipped SUV with one of the worst third rows in its class

I’m also 99% sure the Volvo is not happening in your budget.

What have you found so far by looking through the Marketplace?

Mercedes GLB

Are you talking about the explorer? I didn’t think it was lightly equipped compared to the other cars in its class. Some better, some worse. 3rd row was also infinitely better than the Mazda. Worse than Durango and about the same as the MDX.

I was doing everything I could to not end up in an Explorer despite my wife really wanting one. But when I looked at it objectively, there wasn’t anything better in our eyes for what is effectively <$500 all-in with taxes.

But to each his own!

He’s in an explorer, not a cx9.

3 Likes

I know it’s not a popular choice, but I’m in my last year of lease on a Pathfinder and I’ve been very happy with it. 4 kids, two 18 yr olds, one 15yr old, and one 11 yr old, and they all fit comfortably in both the middle and rear seats.

I have no idea what the deals look like now but I can’t imagine they changed too much, but it’s a 2018 SV 4x4 with cold weather and tech packages and had a 39k MSRP and I got it for $323/month.

I was thinking of the Pathfinder myself for it’s 6k tow rating. But for the trim I want with the tow package, MSRP is in the mid forties and the Nissan residuals are pretty crap. If you’re looking at another SV or S trim, then you could probably do decently though doubtful that low. I was quoted upwards of $450 all in for a SL with tow package.

I’m not looking for another one, I was suggesting it as an option for Joe_Rossi_Jr.

This is my first and last lease. When I’m done with this, I’m buying myself a cheap POS and having zero payments.

2 Likes

Why no love for the Buick Enclave? When i price them for people locally (MO) they are always under $400 a month with TTL included.

With how much DAS?

No DAS needed

Full details?

Looks are not everything, but there are better looking SUVs out there in that price range.

Not sure how tall your children are, but we haven’t used the 3rd row much at all in my wife’s QX60 (Pathfinder twin). Of course my youngest, [daughter (16)] is 6’0 tall so 3rd row would only happen if she sat sideways.

I know it is not the perfect 3 row SUV but I am getting into a CX-9 Grand Touring with AWD on Saturday. Worked it down to $419/month, 30 months/12k. $1000 DAS which includes first month, taxes, fees, and minor cap cost reduction. I live in Michigan.

We cross shopped MDX, Passport (no 3 row), Atlas, and the new Santa Fe (no 3 row). We didn’t need a 3 row SUV but wanted something bigger than a “compact” i.e. CR-V, CX-5, etc.

It was the best combination of style (subjective), driving dynamics, comfort, and practicality for us. I believe that you could get a Passport or Pilot in the low 400s. MDX is tough now, dealers are pushing heavy discounts on purchases. Atlas doesn’t lease well. I could not get close to an XC90 (demo or otherwise) for under $500. I would expect you could get a Traverse/Acadia/Enclave in that price range. They are fine. Nothing special. I live in Michigan and can get GM employee pricing, but their products are, in my opinion, not as competitive. I also like to drive cars you do not see every on every corner. As such the GM trios and the FCA products do not really interest me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.