2nd lease deal hacked

First lease I got a great deal for $53, $0 down on an outgoing '17 Equinox. FF 2 years later, and I’m a few weeks away from being up. So I came across another Equinox deal for $58, but $1k down. MSRP $28.5K and sale price $23.5K and has $3400 in rebates. It’s a demo with 4k mi. Using the leasehackr calculator, it doesn’t add up. It’s way off. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Where? Point me to it dude… I need to find my dad who is on fixed income a car

1 Like

Why don’t you post the calculator…there’s a share button that generates a link

Your worried about the leasehackr calculator being off after being offered a deal on a $23,500 car for approximately $87 bucks a month???

I’m not comprehending your problem.

5 Likes

What’s the MF and RV that makes this possible?

I remember in 16’ I got a Cruze LTZ new for $78 a month with tax. Good times!

1 Like

I am super curious as to how this works. I have a friend that would immediately benefit from this type of deal who is located in NY.

Please post the deets, we must have deets!

I’m calling BS on this one with the current incentives.

2 Likes

Hes probably looking at a stealer ad and didn’t see the small asterisk at the bottom that says “$58 a month with $5,000 down payment due at signing…”

Sounds most likely that way

Done deal. Here’s the breakdown:

$28,445 MSRP
$24,046 Sale Price
$18,773 residual
$3390 rebates
$58 x 24 months

$58 first months payment
$409.05 bs dealer fee’s
$360 tax
$250 reg
$650 bank fee
$999 down payment (looks like $1098 down)
__
$2825 total due at signing

Copy of lease contract:

6 Likes

Is this repeatable? Can you pm the dealer? I may know someone who can be interested in this.

what region is this?

Basically a $175 sign n drive? Very very good deal

^ No, this was a demo/loaner. That’s why the sales price is so low, hence the cheap lease.

Basically when it comes to leases, I stay below $2k a year, otherwise I’d buy a car and take the $8k depreciation after 4 years.

Also, the dealer overestimated the tax (tax credit) and the reg ($250 is their lowest), so I’m due about $198 back from my DMV. Plus they are supposed to figure out why the down payment was $1098 and not $999 and get back to me, so we’ll see what happens.

Where was this located?

At 1300 bucks for term, you should’ve done a one pay and saved a few more bucks on interest.

1 Like

Great deal… pretty crazy that the disposition fee is almost 7 monthly payments or 30% off your lease!

NJ

I def wanted to do a one pay lease. Would have saved hundreds! Almost flipped the table because they couldn’t/wouldn’t. Some dealers don’t like to do it because of the supposed extra paperwork, loss of profit/interest, and insurance. But it still fell in the sub-$2k a year, so I signed and drove it off the lot. Just gotta watch the mileage since it was a demo with 4k mi. :grimacing:

And I don’t care about the disposition fee. I already paid tax on my first lease and I’ll always need a car, so I’ll be forever rolling over the tax credit ($18,773 next time!). I also have a Buypower card, so I’m building that mf up for the next lease (didn’t bother asking for it to be applied since you can’t on a demo, I’d rather build it up, and use my new CC to get my SUB).

2 Likes

Did a Buick Encore deal 2 years ago for 0 DAS (zip, zilch, nada) and $120 including tax per month - indeed good old days when GM was pushing their cars out the door. Lease almost up and struggling to find a replacement. That Equinox deal looks decent except for the DAS however not available in SoCal anyway - ugh!