'23 X3M Deal Proposal Check

Good Day All -

Looking to pick up a leftover '23 BMW X3M. Below is what I received from a dealer. When I plug the numbers into the Calculator, I get lower monthly pmt in the mid 900’s. From my research on Edmunds, MF is .0019 and 36 month RV is 57%; 24 month RV is 61%.

What are your thoughts…?

Below is my best crack at a calculator…

Post your best calculator attempt as a link here.

1 Like

Aren’t you better off buying it instead of spending $42k to rent a car being sold for 68?

I’m not looking to spend $42k for 3.5yrs on this. My target is $800 - $900 per month; ~$33k total over the span of the lease.

Might want to start looking at a different car than :joy:

Are you in Chicago where they run on a train on you with taxes on a lease ?

3 Likes

Thats not readily achievable on an x3m right now. Props if you do.

My guess is the low hanging fruit, theyre marking up the mf to make up for the discount, which is pretty solid actually.

2 Likes

Trying to take advantage of an ‘aged’ unit. I’m going to ask for 20% off. I’m not afraid to hear “No”.

If I can’t make this happen, I’ll hit up the pre-owned market for a low mileage unit. A bunch of these are being returned from lease. Maybe I can scoop up a gem…

This would do it

1 Like

Your calculator is not accounting for the $4K in taxes plus fees being rolled into the payment. The deal is structured as just first month payment due at signing.

I’ve been looking at 21 and 22 CPO X3M for my next vehicle. Most are in the 50-55k range. Also looking for a gem around 49-50k

You should be in the 900 range then. And you will be putting out $3000 to $5000. But you own it. Good luck

Below is what I got back after asking for 20% off… Thoughts?

How would I populate these figures in the calculator in order to get an accurate as possible pmt?

Yes, I’m in Chicago. I’m aware of the ‘double tax’ (lease use tax)…

This gets you closer. With a 19% discount the MF is almost assuredly marked up. Is 5.7% the correct monthly tax rate in addition to whatever is taxed up front?

That’s pretty damn good. Get rid of the add ons and lock it in

I’ve leased a few X3Ms pre covid, during covid and after so all different market conditions. That is , by far, the biggest discount I have seen by a lot.

2 Likes

Well, it is a '23 model that has been sitting on the lot for some time…

My biggest gripe is that it does not come with the 21" wheels and it’s a non-Competition model.

Seems a little too good to be true but if not go ahead. They took off another 4k + in discount without bumping rate or doing anything else?

I think the MF is marked up. I’ll inquire later about that. If they can do base MF and remove the add-ons, I’ll sign.

The MF was most likely marked up from the beginning.

And who cares about the marked up MF (or add-on’s) when the dealer is offering a good discount to offset these.

Asking the dealer for base MF and add-on’s removed is asking them to cut another $3k out of what appears to be an already aggressive offer.

This deal normalized with base MF and no add-on’s is about 16% pre-incentive discount, how does that compare with your target deal?

2 Likes