23’ Suburban Premier $88,3k 36/12 1 pay $46,2 $1282 effective per mo

Signed this deal on a Suburban, Premier. I needed to go up a trim level to get 12 way power seats. Also, new builds are currently omitting 4 way lumbar so I looked in dealer inventory and found this one which matched all my criteria with the exception of the GM Cat Back Exhaust option which I didn’t want. Initially the dealer was looking to bump the MF, they waited through the weekend and conceded to base rate. GM has subvented rates compared with the finance rate on a straight purchase. If we manage to not damage it, the intent is to purchase at lease end. This deal was done remotely and they delivered it from upstate NY.

4 Likes

Interesting strategy but doesn’t giving up the ability to earn 4% on all that cash in a money market over the term of the lease negate any benefit?

1 Like

Congratulations and enjoy your new Suburban!

2 Likes

You’re able to get an “upgraded” exhaust on a Suburban?? How wild. :laughing:

Enjoy the new ride & thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes, “GM Performance” it’s made by Borla, on the monroney label from the factory but dealer installed. Thankfully it’s not too loud. This has the 6.2, in local traffic it’s still relatively quiet.

1 Like

Enjoy the new ride.

1 Like

Why not finance it

Enjoy the 12 way power seats
I have them on mine and I wouldn’t have it any other way

4 Likes

Primarily because of the flexibility due to some personal health issues (back surgery) Also wife hasn’t driven anything this big before, If we make it the 3yrs without damaging it, we’ll buy straight out off lease.
To finance with $50k down was about $1,300 per mo. So lease costs about $5k more over time but less $ upfront and no payments until the theoretical balloon at the end (optional).

I’m not sure if I just haven’t dialed in my seating position enough, or if I’m missing something. I don’t understand the lust for ~100 way power seats. :thinking::man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It’s sort of like buying shoes.

Some people try on pair after pair after pair after pair after pair.

I just grab 12s in the style of my choice and head to the check-out, and they fit fine every time.

4 Likes

So your in the “higher for longer” camp?

1 Like

I am. Free money days are over. Was a serious question for Op on how the math works but I didn’t get a response. I think a lot of folks including myself debate lease vs finance on these/Yukons but not a one pay.

2 Likes

You will have ALOT of equity in this lease after 36 months. I would not return this at the end.

I am sure your effective will be lower once we figure out how much comes back to you.

5 Likes

1 pay just shaves off some interest expense (about $3600) and eliminates monthly payments. Being retired, I prefer not having payments.

Cool. Now if only gm did msds :grin:

1 Like