$2200+ excessive wear lease return bill from GM Financial

I don’t know if the exact day of the “hit” is that important. I know days run together for me…lol. Bottom line they admitted it happened on their watch and it’s being taken care of.

1 Like

Exactly. You can supply proof of grounding. In case there are issues such as damage/theft where dealership plays dumb, at least I will have my insurance to fall back on.

1 Like

Or you can just take pictures of the vehicle when you drop it off as evidence. Again, why get your insurance involved and have your premiums go up?

OP is doing the right thing… no one in their right mind would get their own insurance involved

The exact dates of the theft don’t matter; it only matters that it happened after the grounding which has now been admitted.

5 Likes

Have you checked your account or heard anything else from GMF? It looks like the car got auctioned a couple of weeks ago and is now for sale in California. No photos yet, so who knows if it has wheels or not :joy:.

1 Like

Yes I recieved a call from GMF a couple days ago to inform me that all excessive wear charges we’re removed and I was able to confirm that after looking at my account online. They said I would receive a confirmation letter in a couple days that would give me paper proof. They had the dealership retake pictures of the car but with the new wheels they bought. I still question their alibi despite everything being cleared. You should have seen the manager the day I spoke to him. He was stuttering his words and sweating profusely…and maybe the guy is just like that but it just made everything so suspicious that day. Unfortunately I just don’t have the energy to proceed with any further action. As you can imagine this was all a big headache and I’m just relieved the charges are finally cleared. I’ll just have to take the lessons learned lol… which include absolutely making sure to receive a copy of the inspection before turn in and to also take your own pictures.

9 Likes

I smell a rat.

What really happened is that the used car manager stole your wheels to dress up a used car they had.
They expected you to gripe a bit and then pay the charges.

He has probably done it before and it didn’t actually come back on him until you called him on it.

4 Likes

There’s no proof of that. It’s pure speculation.

3 Likes

This is so absurd I don’t even know where to begin.

It is not ok to accuse someone of a serious crime without any proof. In fact, it is unlikely, why would a used car manager risk his job for a little return?

2 Likes

Obviously someone at the dealership did something shady for little return, be it stealing the wheels or not passing on the info about the wheels being stolen to GM financial.

1 Like

That’s almost certain. What is not certain is the identity of the crook and I have an issue with accusations without proof.

1 Like

We’ll probably never know if it was intentional or incompetence. We have no proof of foul play on the part of the dealer. Bottom line is that it seems to be handled now.

1 Like

Alls well that ends well, thanks for the update.

Or somebody broke into the lot and stole wheels off the car, idky why you’re pointing fingers at the dealership. If they were caught doing it, they would have been caught stealing from GMF which could lead to some serious consequences.

We had someone steal the wheels off a ZL1 1LE on our lot a few months ago. It happens.

1 Like

I’m not saying someone at the dealership necessarily stole them, but someone either stole them or allowed the OP to get saddled with the fee rather than say “someone broke onto our lot and stole wheels off cars”.

Per the dealer’s story, they claim to have been aware of having wheels stolen, so there’s no debate that the wheels went missing out of their possession.

One of two things then must have happened; either the dealer stole the wheels themselves or they knew the wheels were stolen and allowed the OP to be charged for them. Both are shady actions, which was my whole point.

Now, one could argue malice vs gross incompetence I suppose. Either way, the dealer screwed the pooch.

2 Likes

Exactly and Texas has had numerous issues with it. It’s been all over the web numerous times.

1 Like

And in that case did the dealership file a police report and an insurance claim? Or did the dealership try to sell the car to someone without the wheels?

2 Likes

We sold it without wheels, wasn’t easy getting it on the truck but we made it work.

4 Likes

Sounds like a reputable dealership. :roll_eyes: