šŸ¦„ '22 Mercedes EQS 24/12 497m, 1125 + MSDs DAS 105.5k MSRP

Youā€™ve either had some terrible whiskey, or some very good cologne. :grin:

2 Likes

Anybody know if there are changes to incentives from MBFS for March?

We will know Thursday or Friday usually will release 2nd or 3rd of the month

2 Likes

Not sure if there are changes on the EQS but can confirm lease support for 2022 continues in March. Let the games continue.

Drove one this morning.

OMG what an awful car.

@HersheySweet I think you got hosed.

8 Likes

Lol is it really that bad? And if so, would it be wrong to assume the SUV is just as bad?

why was it awful lol?

My dad likes it, thatā€™s all that matters in my book.

11 Likes

@Dany1122 I was typing this when you posted your question.

Here goes:

It certainly isnā€™t a $100,000 car, or even a $500 a month car IMO.

The rear visibility is atrocious. Handling doesnā€™t surpass ā€œokay.ā€

The brakes are spongy (only drove it in Sport mode). Acceleration is pitiful.

The map on the center screen is fantastic, but the rest of that panel has a trillion options, few of which are intuitive. In an obvious attempt to compensate, the steering wheel has 4,108 buttons.

The voice commands failed to respond as directed 2 out of every 3 times. Sales guy had the same problem.

The feel and sound of the driverā€™s door closing was on par with our old 2010 Prius.

The synthetic engine noises are what people in the 1950s thought robots would sound like, and neither I nor my EQS sherpa from the dealership could figure out how to turn them off.

Thatā€™s off the top of my head.

5 Likes

pIcS Or iT DiDnā€™t hApPeN

1 Like

1/3 works more than our volvo :laughing:, but dad is still getting used to MBUX, he doesnā€™t love it. Iā€™ll go drive one and report back on my thoughts, lol.

1 Like

Is the SUV that much better or is the car you drove a shit example? Our SUV feels rock solid. Doors have a solid thud.

Agree MBUX is a dumpster fire, have had it crash a few times when we mess around in the menus, and isnā€™t as easy to use as idrive. Voice commands are borderline useless, never can get an address right. I thought they would have figured it out by now.

Range rover sport has a nice door close thud

1 Like

The EQS as a small appliance sale.

MSRP $111K
SALE: $20,000 OFF
INSTANT REBATE: $12,000 OFF
PAY AS YOU GO and LOW INTEREST RATE.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not an SUV person, so I didnā€™t take the time to compare.

My MB frame of reference is my old E500 (that was a few cars ago), and this wasnā€™t in the same galaxy.

Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say that I thought ā€œPriusā€ when I closed the door.

If I hadnā€™t been driving Iā€™m sure I could have figured it out.

I was too preoccupied with it barely responding when I stomped on the accelerator, and trying to figure out why my constant verbal pleas wouldnā€™t turn off the steering wheel and seat heaters.

My :open_hands: and my :peach: were on :fire: and no one could do anything about it.

2 Likes

I completely disagree on handling part. It is not track car, but steering is precise.

For a pinnacle sedan, this certainly subpar by todays standards (EV or ICE).

on purpose. so that you can stick your head out the window and say, ā€œLook, Iā€™m a unicornā€ while you put a brick on the gas.

1 Like

By handling I meant cornering (ā€œfunā€ around corners).

My frame of reference on this for an EV is a Taycan 4S, which is in a completely different league (but has a similar base MSRP).

And this car was a candidate to replace my M550, and in the handling category it would be a major compromise (amid a sea of other major compromises).

I know the EQS isnā€™t designed to appeal to the identical audience; Iā€™m looking at this through the lens of my own priorities, and what Iā€™d be willing to give up in exchange for a cheap lease.

Iā€™ve seen 5.9 seconds cited elsewhere, and it feels even more lethargic than that.

2 Likes