šŸ¦„ '22 Mercedes EQS 24/12 497m, 1125 + MSDs DAS 105.5k MSRP

I am just really confused how people are getting these dealsā€¦seems like a good amount of people are getting them for sub 600/month, but when I go to the manager they tell me to take a hike? I really donā€™t get itā€¦

Wrong manager at the wrong dealer.

Keep trying.

But is it still possible? I donā€™t want to waste my time if itā€™s just not possible. Seems like all dealerships are out of loaners nowā€¦assuming pricing on a new 2022 isnā€™t as strong.

Go Away GIF by Bounce

I have been driving EVs for a while and almost always use one pedal driving so the EQS didnā€™t feel weird at all. However, if you are slamming on the brakes you have no idea where the bite point is and itā€™s a little disconcerting.

1 Like

Apparently there are still some 2022 loaners to be had, but you have to do your homework as in anything in life. If you donā€™t want to spend the time to find those remaining 2022 mules nationwide, then you should just focus on the 2023 models. Looks like some people are getting close to 30% off without a huge amount of trying:

The weird adaptive regenerative braking in the EQS has gotten negative reviews by media. I seen some refer to it as the most unnatural braking system felt in any vehicle. It goes beyond normal regen braking in most EVs.

1 Like

You have no idea how many times Iā€™ve tried to convince @HersheySweet to join the Mini EV funā€¦

PJ

To me it was oddly squishy, like I was pushing my foot into a bucket of tar, or thickened pudding, with no way to sense how much further I needed to press in order to actually stop.

One could probably adjust, but itā€™s one of a long list of things that donā€™t leave a favorable first impression.

By coincidence Iā€™ve also been halfheartedly looking at 2018-2020 S Classes. There really is no S in the EQS.

1 Like

The adaptive braking is easily adjustable with the shift paddles. You can even turn regenerative braking completely off if you like. I find it not much different than my Tesla. I honestly donā€™t see why folks complain about it so much since they can simply turn it off.

Nothing in this car was intuitive to operate on the first test drive, with the exception of the start button.

Even putting the car into gear took some exploring until I found that silly stalk on the right side of the steering wheel, where youā€™d expect rear wiper/washer controls on other vehicles.

And that shifter has the heft and feel of a Sharpie.

1 Like

By the time I figure it out my lease will be done. All good. For the price, it is great!

1 Like

For certain use cases, I get it.

Iā€™m not willing to drive something I hate just because itā€™s

3 Likes

I drove a bolt, e250 diesel, Chevy Malibu LT and a Carbon Black colored BMW. Iā€™m . :baby_chick:

6 Likes

I use 12-15 different credit cards in an average month to maximize rewards on different types of purchases. We all have our issues. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So I almost went down that rabbit hole. The airline cards are great but now I try to pump everything through the Fidelity VISA for 2-3% in rebates towards retirement accounts, what you think?

I also have BMW, CDJR, GM branded cards for the extra random rebates on cars.

Have you tried just meeting the spend for bonuses lol?

We should take this over here.

Those are just the cash-back cards. I didnā€™t include others like airlines or MR earners.

1 Like

Of course. :slight_smile:

I was told by one GM that EA charging is not transferable once activated???