šŸ¦„ '22 Mercedes EQS 24/12 497m, 1125 + MSDs DAS 105.5k MSRP

Just a LITTLE SLOWER than the similarly priced Tesla S Plaid. :grimacing:

Still, I would pay $500/mo for the appearance of driving a 110K Mercedes to a hot spot with MSRP sticker still on the window.

2 Likes

To each their own but I find the car fugly, even at $500/month. Saw an EQE yesterday and all I can say is woof!

Yeah, a tad slower. :pig2:

I can see the appeal from other vantage points, including yours. :slight_smile:

Objectively $500 a month with free charging for a couple of years also would pencil out for a lot of people who commute and who prioritize operating cost.

Itā€™s just too many compromises for me.

2 Likes

The door closing sound isnā€™t great because the EQS sedan has frameless doors (like the Tesla Model S). The EQS SUV has framed doors, so it should sound a lot more solid.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

The SUV overall looks like a much better product to me, and Iā€™d have different performance / handling expectations for that type of vehicle as well.

1 Like

If anyone has a similar deal on a EQE or EQS shoot me a text at (941) 720-2969. Thanks!

This is a unicorn deal. Not easy to find. You will need to put lot of effort to find this type of deal.

yes but we want someone else to do the hours of legwork to find the unicorn, then give it to us. someone find me one and text me 213-867-5309

2 Likes

someone text me if you see a unicorn deal, I will pay handsomely 867-5309

3 Likes

1 Like

OP: What is the manufacture date ā€œMM/YYā€ of the car? btwā€¦you scored an awesome! deal

1 Like

God, the non-Google, Volvo voice command system is the single worst product I think Iā€™ve ever used.

You-ā€œNavigate to Fort Knox, Kentuckyā€

Vovlo- ā€œSetting the temperature to 68ā€

:rofl:. Always good for getting a laugh from the kids to be fair!

2 Likes

Addams Family Values | ASSHOLES WATCHING MOVIES

Me too. I am ready for unicorns. DM please.

My suggestion would be to stop thinking about these as unicorn deals and start thinking about them as dealer bailouts. You really have all the leverage if you actually want to own an EQS450. The wholesale value of these cars is in the low 70ā€™s ā€“ this will become the alternative for the dealer once lease support ends, so getting $80K plus fees is much better than the worst case. Negotiate from strength, there is much more supply than demand.

13 Likes

Yā€™all remember the days when there was the fire sale on BMW 745eā€™s and they were really cheap with lots of support? I really really wanted to like it and get oneā€¦ test drove it and that was the end of it :frowning: drove like a boat and was just not very exciting. Nice car for sure just didnā€™t do it for me.

Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s where Iā€™m at with the EQS :sob: the brain wants it, but when reality sets in :sob:

1 Like

For those who is set on hacking a 450, DO NOT test drive a 580. Donā€™t make the same mistake I did. I drove the 450 and it was disappointing. It didnā€™t drive like a $100k+ ev or a $100k+ ice. There was a lot left to be desire after the test drive so I took the eqs 580 for a spin and it was everything I expected for the 450. The salesman wanted $2k per month on a lease for the 580 so I laughed and left. I wouldnā€™t pay more than $500/month for the 450. I am on a mission to hack the 580 for sub 1k. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

This is interesting. Could you elaborate a bit?

The 450 feels like an E class but lacks the sportiness of an E class. It lacks the instant torque of an EV and the power of an S class. Itā€™s just an awkward car that is average at everything and doesnā€™t excel at anything.

3 Likes

Lol at lease you tried though.

What was the 7.5k lease incentive and 2.5k welcome to electric?

Also whatā€™s the benefit for taking the fleet through PenFed or MBCA?