22 Frontier | What's My Best Move?

Hey fellow hackers,

I’m reaching out to the seasoned lease hackers in this community for some guidance on my current lease situation.

I’ve got a 22 Nissan Frontier SV with a mileage of 20,1000.

My lease terms were set at 18 months with a 15k mile limit, and I’ve gone over by 5000 miles. My lease is set to mature on October 28, which gives me just a little over 60 days.

Currently, I’m paying $192.76 per month, and the lease holder is NMAC.

Here are the details of my lease:

• Vehicle: 2022 Nissan Frontier SV
  • Mileage: 20,1000
  • Lease terms: 18 months, 15k miles
  • Excess mileage: 5000 miles
  • Lease maturity: October 28
  • Current Payment: $192.76
  • Lease Holder: NMAC
  • Payoff: $35,623.13
  • Payoff Good Through: August 27, 2023

Now, I’m at a crossroads and would greatly appreciate some advice on my next steps. I’m eager to explore options for either leasing something else or finding a new vehicle within a budget of $400 or less per month. Ideally, I’d like to keep my initial payment limited to the first month only.

I’m based in Kentucky, and I’m not entirely what my next move is.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or has expertise, I would be incredibly grateful for your insights.

What strategies should I consider to make the most of this situation and find a suitable vehicle for my needs within my budget?

Your help and guidance mean a lot to me. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

You’re not getting out of this early, so just continue driving it and pay the overages. Next deal will be completely independent of this deal.

4 Likes

Yup agreed

Maybe can ask Nissan to extend the lease which might be beneficial to pay overages since you probably won’t be getting another $200 lease

1 Like

@Jon @djrabbi yes! I agree. Gonna keep till last day. Just didn’t know if I need to start thinking about next steps and if so how early.

Would love to not be stuck with overages if possible

1 Like

@Srmcgill can you make it to San Diego by tomorrow
We are expecting a big storm “potential” hurricane

5 Likes

Any actual advice? :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat with a couple differences, I had the S and am not over mileage. There is no equity in this lease - your buyout is better than mine, mine is $100 less than msrp. I was able to extend my lease for 3 months by messaging through the NMAC online chat. Extending would only give you an extra 2500 miles over three months, so it won’t help you regarding overage, especially if you keep adding mileage. It seems your best bet is to turn in, pay overage and disposition and start fresh.

My lease matures on 11/1 and have begun the process of seeking out new deals. It seems my best bet right now is a Silverado for around 485/mo sign and drive and that is with gm family discount. Pick up trucks are a tough lease right now. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks @beardogchild for the advice. I’m actually not wanting a truck moving forward. So hopefully I can find a reasonable midsize sedan or suv.

Maybe look at some of the recent deals on Nissan Altima or base Ariya EV, or the other small Nissan SUVs. At least you can possibly avail yourself of a loyalty incentive plus waived disposition. I think deals on those can be had in the $300-400 range with some effort or through a broker.

Basically I’m in the same boat as you, with my '22 frontier, but I really need another truck.

1 Like

How much are the miles? $0.10 a mile isn’t that bad. That’s what mine is showing at least.
You just need to purchase 30 days before maturity.

1 Like

@ktnsvm where do you find mid term millage purchase options. Was just looking online and could find that option.

@don_keesho thanks! Altima might be a play.

Shows on the main page after logging in on the right side. At least it does for mine. 18 month, one pay, Titan.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.