'21 VW Atlas Cross Sport R-Line

I’ve been working on a deal on a ’21 Atlas Cross Sport SE w/tech R-Line AWD. Dealer gave me monthly and DAS costs but will not give me specifics on numbers, most notably true selling price unless I come in. RV, MF and Incentives are from Edmunds. I’m in SE PA. Here’s what I know:

Term: 39 mo/12k year
MSRP: 44,830
RV: 54%
MF: .00049
Incentives: 1400 Dealer Lease Cash
Monthly Payment: $459 tax inc
DAS: $1,271.38

Using the calc, in order to get to this payment amount, selling price would need to be ~ $40,126 or 10.5% off MSRP. What doesn’t make sense to me was when we started talking I told them I’m looking for 11% off MSRP and was essentially laughed at by salesman and manager. Both saying that’s totally unreasonable, and no one is getting that discount on a Cross Sport unless they qualify for all the incentives or are a VW employee.

From what I’ve seen on this forum, it’s a solid deal, I just want to make sure I’m not missing something. Obviously I would get full disclosure of all the numbers before signing, but are they trying to hide something by not giving me the true sales price? And why was 11% off “totally unreasonable” but now 10.5% off is doable? So, what am I missing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.