21 Toyota RAV4, Dealer won’t budge

Looking to lease a 2021 Toyota RAV 4 LE, Edmunds info 36/15 .00161 MF and 63% residual. The Toyota dealership I’ve been talking to won’t budge on price. I’m told because cars are difficult to come by there is no room to move on this and this is my quote I’ve received. It’s actually higher than MSRP on Toyota’s website. Does anyone have any suggestions or things I should be trying to get this down? Thanks

I’m at Msrp on all Toyota and over on 4 runners and Tacoma. Wonderful times.

5 Likes

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

2 Likes

Am I the only one going behind invoice on most Toyotas now?

2 Likes

4Runners and Tundras - most definitely over MSRP
Tacomas - at MSRP
Rest - $500 behind invoice

4 Likes

Try another dealer until you find one below msrp. In this crazy market I would just hire a broker if I couldn’t wait. But trust me - I am waiting.

Yes you are, miss me with that.

2 Likes

$500 for a base rav 4 ? They are really having fun with the consumers these days. They gave me a $600 lease quote on a toyota xse awd 2.5 the other day!!

Do you like the Venza? My advice is to wait for June pricing and check out the Venza le. I should be at or just under $400/mo tax tags fees inc for one. Rav isn’t leasing well.

Yes the Venza would also be an option. Trying to keep my options open right now to find the best deal. Is there a reason to wait for the June incentives? Do you think they will be better?

I don’t have any left this month. Try locally

I know this isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but in the current environment, I think you have to be willing to switch brands and not be tied down to a particular car or manufacturer.

A client of mine on Monday leased a Subaru Forester Sport for about $1000 drive off/$385 month including LA 9.5% tax…MSRP 33.3K…and she didn’t work too hard for the deal.

I have one, and it’s, IMHO, the best small SUV out there. CR agrees, and I believe only one other car (Telluride) gets a higher rating.

My point isn’t to sell you on a Forester, but that you need to be flexible these days or you’ll pay thousands more.

Remember…it’s just a rental!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.