21 BMW M235i xDrive Gran Coupe Is this deal not realistic?

It was realistic 12-16 months ago lol crazy how much the market has changed

5 Likes

Short answer is probably. What discount off MSRP have you seen brokers advertise in the “Marketplace”? (Feel free to share a link).

Long answer is there are supply issues affecting inventory, affecting pricing.

@GatorNole - I did a rough search for broker deals in the Northeast. I have seen pre-incentive discounts ranging from 10.5% to 12%. If you factor in shipping costs to FL, you might be better off working with a local dealer that might offer 10% + base MF + incentives.

That would be a more realistic target.

My $0.02.

These are all very helpful answers, thank you all. I didn’t realize that about the MF, I thought it was credit dependent like interest rate when financing. And shooting for 10% instead of higher discount elsewhere plus shipping sounds like a good idea.

So, looks like to get this deal, it might need to be demo/loaner or leftover 2021s — assuming discounts will rise on the latter, when does that start to happen? Later this year? Or early next before April 2022? I’ll lose the college incentive for my master’s after December.

No clue. Everything right now is market dependent. If you need a car now, I will focus on this:

:point_up::point_up::point_up: Although I do not know what the market is like in FL, that’s my advice.

2 Likes

I think the market spoke.

It is, and the dealership can still mark it up. You aren’t guaranteed buy-rate just because you have good credit. More in

1 Like

You’re not going to find a leftover or a demo with the unicorn build you’re after. Something’s gotta give – the deal expectations or the car IMO.

3 Likes

Out of curiousity what were the deals or broker listings that you came across that led you to believe this was realistic target? Appears as though you took a few of the better deals you’ve seen and added 1-2% more off MSRP. If you mentioned to brokers that “this might be unlikely” why be surprised when they tell you it’s unlikely to happen?

As mentioned above it’s a rather rare combination that your after, an option like live cockpit pro is typically paired with quite a few other options.

In your calculator, why only 2 MSD’s? While 7 isn’t going to get you where you want to be, it’s certainly a step closer?

Also a fellow Gator.

You do not negotiate if you go to brokers for their advertised deals. You take it or leave it and shop on your own. Then you can ask dealers for any discount you want.

3 Likes

Nah, PCD delivery on an order if OP can wait is the way to go 100%.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

PCD? Can you elaborate?

I believe he’s saying that if OP can wait on a custom order, it’s possible to have that order delivered to a BMW Performance Center (https://bmwperformancecenter.com/locations) instead of the dealership originating the order. That may be beneficial if the Performance Center is closer to OP than the dealer.

So OP can get a custom build at a broker’s pre-negotiated discount and just needs to arrange to pick up / transport the car from the performance center.

2 Likes

PCD is a few hours’ drive away from North Florida, and while we have a dealership in town, PCD delivery would be well-worth a one-way rental.

Good questions – and Go Gators. I targeted 12% having seen numerous current discounts on BMW models between 10 and 13%, but didn’t specifically consider M235i discounts. That was my mistake.

And, not surprised when brokers said it was unlikely, as I was expecting that – I was surprised by the brushoffs. If I responded to clients that way (or talked about them or screenshot them in open forums), I’d be out of business. @AutoCompanion took the time to respond with a realistic alternative, which I appreciate.

Live cockpit pro is now a required option apparently with $600 added to MSRP, so it’s not that I was trying to pair that option necessarily – I’d be fine with analog gauges.

Only 2 MSD’s because I wasn’t looking to come that far out of pocket at signing and have that money tied up for 3 years, when I could do other things with it. Kids are expensive. :slight_smile:

:point_up::point_up::point_up: What they said.

2 Likes

You reached out about the one I have for 10.5% off

I replied and asked you to fill out a form

Then you never got back to me.

It’s a 2 way street where everyone’s time should be respected

7 Likes

Buy a used minivan. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Actually, this car is for me. It has space for kids. We’re buying my wife a Pacifica at the same time. But thanks.

This is absolutely untrue. Show me where I said under $300. I’ve said $399 or less to every broker I’ve contacted.

1 Like

My apologies if I didn’t see your response regarding the form, and you’re right, it is a two-way street.