20K maintenance due at lease turn-in?

Might of just screwed myself on a lease turn-in.

I did a 2 year / 20K lease on a Stelvio and am ready to turn it in a bit early. Odomoter just crossed 20K miles and i was planning to do the oil change and a recall before turning in but sounds like there is actually an expensive 20K mile service that might be due

Am i on the hook for this before turning the car in since i’ve exceed 20K miles? Or am I ok with just getting the oil change and dropping it off? Any folks who have experience with Alfa lease turn ins?

I’ve also got lease protection…but i don’t think that will cover any required maintenance.

Thought the plugs were done at 30k miles. Hence the reason for doing 2 year leases on these…

2 Likes

I put 22k mile on my Giulia and I only did an oil change the larger service is 30k miles unless they changed it

Source??? Pretty easy to find the maintenance schedule online or in your owners manual.

Only the Quad has expensive service at 30k IIRC

You have a normal Chrysler GME T4 engine with normal maintenance requirements unless it’s a quad.

Thanks - yea. was a bit confusing. Dealer said one thing, my limited research online showed a few different recommended service schedules from other dealers and i wasn’t with my service manual.

i initially thought only the oil change would be required and seems like i should be fine. Just dropped the car for the oil change yesterday… hilarious, dealer said the “recommended” 20K maintenance was $1400

The maintenance is recommended and not required during a lease. But you will be on the hook if the lack of maintenance creates otherwise avoidable damages.

I personally don’t really put more than 12-15k miles on a car over a 3 year lease and I’ve never done more than the first maintenance check, usually halfway through the lease.