2025 Acura ADX confirmed

No surprise here:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60441214/2025-acura-adx-subcompact-suv-confirmed/

I do hope that they add more sound deadening and dress up the interior. But, this being Acura, I kind of doubt it.

I’d consider one, though. I imagine it will get the 1.5T (or maybe even a hybrid engine???), good crash test results, Acura name should mean good resale value, and I can’t anything from Acura (even a compact crossover) selling well, so I hope deals w/ be good the second half of 2025…

1 Like

Where’s the hybrid? I think Acura would lose less customers if they had some hybrids.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re worried it’ll cannabalize CR-V hybrid sales b/c not everyone needs such a large “compact” SUV?

The ADX would compete more with the Lexus UX than the CRV. The CRV is a little bigger anyways. I think the ADX would be the size of an HRV, while the RDX is the size of a CRV. The entire Lexus lineup of SUV/CUVs have hybrids. Acura is missing hybrids across the board - MDX, RDX, and now ADX. It’s weird because all the Honda variants also have hybrids - Pilot, CRV, and HRV.

Yes, I assume that the ADX will be smaller than is the CR-V. I meant that I suspect pricing of hybrid versions of both may not be that different, which means that there will be possibly be some in-house competition btw the two.

For example, I personally wouldn’t mind a hybrid SUV, can afford a CR-V hybrid, but don’t need something that big.

I was thinking the ADX is the Acura HRV

2 Likes

Yes, I know that the ADX will essentially be an HR-V, just as the Integra is an Acura Civic. I’m not quite sure what I’ve written that makes people think I’m unaware of this…?

Me neither, I just read one line and went HRV!

1 Like