2025 4runner early leak

You can do a tug of war demonstration against the Cybertruck.

Tug Of War Dance GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

1 Like

I’ll still take one at invoice :rofl:

1 Like

Agree that I’m seeing mixed opinions on the forums. Interestingly it seems like groupthink on every forum - if they like it then everyone chimes in that they love it and vice versa. I think it looks near perfect, but I’m a huge fan of the current Toyota designs (Sequoiua, Landcruiser, GX, 300 Series Landcruiser, Prius etc.). Prior to this I’ve been begging Toyota to come out with something that does the mid-late 90s Toyotas justice - the 80 series and Gen 3 4-runner stand out for me as the best looking Toyota SUVs ever.

One point of disagreement is that 5th Gens will hold their value or increase. I personally think they’re going to tank - they’re at a high residual and they’ve maintained that because they haven’t changed the formula in nearly 15 years despite having a very outdated engine, transmission and interior. Now that the 6th gens are out and looking good, I think the 5th gens are going to tank in value like the 4th gens did. There’s only one thing that causes significant 4runner depreciation and that’s the release of a new version.

I personally was never a fan of the 5th gen look. It came from Toyota’s ‘bubble era’ of design and always reminded me of a whale shark or a guppy. It definitely grew on me and the Pro’s were nice, but I think the 6th gen is a huge upgrade in every sense of the word.

There’s no accounting for taste though!

Definitely an EPA helper. I see constant comments on the Sequoia forum about taking them off. It could be Numberwang but the general consensus is that removal reduces mpg by about 1 mpg.

Toyota is going to put a big touch screen and list for $60K

Take a look at the interior

1 Like

We leased a 2020 4Runner in late 2019 as my wife absolutely loved it and it was a great vehicle, I just always wished it had more tech. We just leased a 2024 and while it has “slightly” more tech, the cameras are just atrocious but it feels like a better car all around mainly because of the suspension difference. KDSS vs no kdss.

This body style will grow on me but I love the interior so far. I’m really interested in what the lower models like SR5P and TRDORPs look like.

I’ll be reaching out to @Jrouleau426 in 2027 when our 2024 lease ends for one of these and my third through Jim! Haha

1 Like

No need to wait the full 3 years. I would be ok buying a second year one. The bugs should be fixed by then and you can easily get out of your old one clean or with profit early. Just keep an eye on my deals for them!

1 Like
1 Like

Doug just bought himself a white seq pro. Saw his video on it last night.

Yea saw that. Hated this new design at first. But looks decent in trd pro & trailhunter trims. Might want to trade in my trd pro 5th gen and move on to this one in its 2nd year of production. Jim your help likely will be needed.

Where else can you find the style of a bottle opener and the charm of a radial arm saw?

This should have strong appeal with the middle-school-boy demographic.

2 Likes

Reading through some of the details, looks like the main differentiation of the LC vs 4Runner is the 4wd system in the LC and the wider trim variety in the 4Runner.

LC is the only one that gets the full-time 4wd with rear and center locking diffs plus the KDSS upfront. In the 4Runner one can either get the rear locking diff (but no center diff lock) and KDSS or the full-time 4wd, but never both at the same time.

What the 4Runner gets that the LC doesn’t, is the 2-inch lift with the dedicated off-road shocks and tires. 4Runner also gets the non-hybrid powertrain in the lower trims making the starting price probably significantly cheaper compared to the LC.

Now that I slept on it, Land Cruiser might still be the way to go for me since I like its 4wd system better and I like the idea of owning the rarer one as the 4Runner will surely sell in significantly higher numbers…

I’ll be interested to see if the 4cyl models command the same resale as the Dinosaur 4.0 V6. I think part of the reason the resale value was so strong on old 4Runners is because the 4.0/5spd has a decade long track record of making it to +200k miles with routine maintenance.

That is Toyota in general, and largely why they’ve sold as well as they have. Toyota usually isn’t the fanciest, or have the latest gimmicky tech…they build vehicles that work.