2024 Toyota Tundra SR5 XP Appearance Package 4x4 Deal Check

I’m helping a buddy get a new Tundra.

It has the upgraded SE XP package that includes the TRD rims and badging.

1. Premium audio package (14 in. screen)
  2. SR5 Premium Package (leather and power seats)
  3. SR5 Convenience Package (safety package/large fuel tank)
  4. XP Package
  5. Spray Liner/weather mats
  6. Ambient Lighting
  7. Predator running boards

I’ve posted the worksheet.

My friends trade-in is actually upside down ($33k value), based on all credible websites we’ve looked at, but they are willing to pay off the vehicle outright. He’s currently in an Ally lease, so this gets him out of that as well.

True $0 DAS. They will pay first month.

Dealer will do $652/month 36/12k.

MSRP $63,358

Thank you in advance!

You want an honest opinion?

Yes, of course. Good, Bad, or Ugly :joy:. That’s why I posted this here.

I don’t feel like this is a great deal, but I’m not sure he could do much better due to the fact that he should have around $4k in negative equity in his Grand Cherokee, but, I’m not typically familiar with Toyota leasing.

The MF and RV seem to check out.

1 Like

What does your target deal look like without the trade factored in?

I was thinking with the RV of the Tundra, he could be in the mid $500’s before tax with true $0 DAS which would require about a 9% discount. The MF is meh, so that’s why I wouldn’t expect much better. I admittedly haven’t ever looked into Toyota for leasing or purchasing, but from what I gather, I don’t typically see them doing huge discounts, but I feel that 9% could be attainable.

Does that calculate out for 9%?

If so, sounds like they’re simply rolling in the negative equity.

This is a deal that he got on his own and presented it to me. I was saying that he should shoot for 9% off instead of the 6% that they are giving him as it sits. That would calculate out to $553 + tax without a trade in. Are you saying that they are basically ‘baking-in’ the negative equity to make it look like they’re paying off the trade, but in reality, they are factoring in the negative equity in a different way?

Here’s the deal with 9% (what I would target off) with $0 sign and drive.

If I calculate in his actual negative equity which has been coming in around $4k on most every site, it shoots up to $710/month all in.

Here’s his actual deal with the 6% off. If I add in his $4k negative equity it shoots it up to $775/month all-in.

Gotcha. I was just comparing the mid $500s number you said with high $600s on the sheet, which is roughly a $4k difference in upfront costs.

1 Like

Try getting to $599

We’ve gotten them to $639. They aren’t budging any lower. So I guess he will just have to make a decision. I think the biggest thing is that this would get him out of the Ally lease and the quickly depreciating Grand Cherokee. Not the best lease terms ever, but, certainly not the worst I’ve ever seen.