2024 Porsche 911 T

Hi Hackers! My local dealer has a 2024 Porsche 911 T coming in a few weeks that he is offering to me at MSRP. Was looking to see if there would be any possibility to drive for a few months without losing much (if any) as I see most of the 911s are going for above MSRP

1 Like

Is this an allocation to spec one or an already built car to purchase?

It feels like the latter and I would say it’s going to depend on the build sheet.

You can probably drive it for a few months for free if it is a good spec. But keep in mind that most dealers are not going to like you driving a car for a few months and not flip it back to them if they sold it to you for below market value.

2 Likes

What @wam22 said if you have any interest in maintaining a good relationship with said dealer.

Also, after TTL, I don’t think you’ll be breaking even or making any profit on this car. A dealer will not offer you anywhere near MSRP for it and you won’t be able to sell it for 10k over sticker private party in my estimation.

1 Like

True, but their only recourse is to not sell to that buyer again though.

1 Like

Porsche should just offer a subscription service … $10,000 a month until the vehicle’s secondary market value equals MSRP.

Some dealers will have people sign first right-of-refusal agreements for a specified timeframe and penalty. But yea, I have seen people drive a new 911 down the block to a wholesaler and then complain when they are blacklisted.

They do. It is called Porsche Drive and I think it is $3k/mo for the 911 tier.

I think most P-car dealers would pay MSRP if it has under 1k miles and manual. Could probably resell it for $10k-$20k over depending on the market.

If you are selling back and not trading, tax is going to make it difficult to drive for “free.” If you have the means it may be worth getting and enjoying for a few months with the acceptance you may break even or lose a little bit on it.

Last year I sold a $193k car for $196k after driving for 5 months, but due to tax being $6k, I ended up losing $3k which I just treated as a very cheap lease–try to find a $600/month lease in that price range.

1 Like

built to purchase. About 15k of options so light in terms of Porsche. 6 speed with matrix headlights

Ooooo Macan subscription is only $1,700 + tax a month! Score!

Is it in Ruby Star Neo or some other ugly color?

I’d consider what others above have said and call it a TTL loss and hope for better. But a lower priced 911 at MSRP is probably pretty safe. I haven’t seen a 992 of any mileage below $100k yet, so they’re still holding strong.

How much tax are you going to pay?

1 Like

You are a dealer so you know best, but I think he would be hard pressed to get MSRP back.

I have a manual 2023 GT4 with buckets/CCB and 1300 miles. I’ve had multiple dealers offer about 5-10% under MSRP for it (not that I’m looking to sell, but was inquiring about a GT3 and the conversation came up).

I would pay msrp for that spec. Would have no problem selling it for $20k+ over MSRP.

2 Likes

You have Manheim data to back this statement up? BAT and carsandbids seem to disagree on the over MSRP thing. Rennlist also reports the T is more readily available at MSRP

1 Like

He is talking about the GT4.

1 Like

IMHO if the dealer could get over MSRP they wouldn’t sell it to you at MSRP unless maybe you have long history with them. And if they can’t get over MSRP in your area, I would not expect to sell it close to MSRP in 6 months.

Ops my bad. Yes the GT4s are over MSRP

If your goal is to just drive it a few months and sell it, I wouldn’t take it. If you’re looking to get the next best thing, you will need the 911T to trade up.

The bottom is already dropping out of the Porsche market in Europe- cars that were reliably going for MSRP or over are now seeing tens of thousands in discounts. Not the real enthusiast cars like GT3s but the tier down like Turbos. The US market isn’t there yet but it’s well off from the highs of the pandemic, and if I had to guess England is the canary in the coal mine. Realize that if the used market flips it will do so quickly: everyone thinking like you (I can drive this for a while with zero depreciation) will come to the realization that they can’t and try to get out at the same time.

Bottom line if you were talking a GT car I’d consider you safe, but the T isn’t quite special enough: I think you’d be taking a risk that the music stops at the wrong time.

1 Like