2024 Mustang - same same, but different

They have, weren’t you listening. I present to you, the new Charger SRT Hemi Muscle Hellcat Super Hornet Bee RT EV:

Animation Breakfast GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

As with most of the new “luxury” vehicles, no?

I agree - I hate the iPad on the dash concept. Whoever formulated that idea needs to be banned from vehicles.

You, me, and everyone else continuously claims that…but the Camaro still does not sell.

I’m just a Chevy fanboy, I think honestly the Coyote is a better motor

Growing up I was always obsessed with the Mustang, until I learned that they weren’t the crème de la crème.

The 5.0 is a great motor, and great sounding as well. OTOH, the 6.2 is intoxicating. I think the Camaro is a better sports car than the Mustang (I had owned a 2ss). I also think the Mustang is a better car, which is partially why they are more successful IMO.

Its interesting timing. Dodge happens to bow out of the space they have dominated for a decade with decade old platforms, Chevy is on the verge of cancelling the camaro (they need to utilize those resources like Dodge to catch up in the EV space) and Ford swoops in to fill the void.

Quite a gamble on Fords part, but I guess this programs losses can be easily recouped by selling a RoRo full of Lightnings lol

1 Like

Relevant video:

1 Like

IMO, the Hellcat did wonders for the Dodge brand. Their lineup may not have been the most modern on the block, but the association with the Hellcat keep people listening. While most people cannot afford a Hellcat, or any SRT model, people will always buy the brand. I also belief believe Dodge is being strong-armed to get out of the large displacement motors.

The iphone 14 is trash…but the 14 pro max is actaully pretty nice. With the 48mgp camera I can take more clear pics of the huge rats in NYC

1 Like

I think it’s normal for attainability and appeal to become inversely related.

2 Likes

I can’t help but think this looks like a juiced up version of an Ioniq 5 so that kind of ruins it all for me. I loathe a big touch screen in a sports car otherwise the interior has a good appearance and nice upgrade for sure. Maybe I’m alone on this but the Coyote has one, if not, the worst exhaust notes for stock modern V8’s.

It looks like a decent enough refresh but the image of this being the rental car of choice for the ‘sportyish’ category is so ingrained in my mind it’s difficult to think of it as anything else.

I wouldnt be mad if the brand went away for a bit and came back in a few years as an EV only option given theres not really many (any!?) EV coupe/cabrios on the market yet. I know it’s tricky because of the weight issues but a decently priced EV sports car that can be thrashed around on the weekend but also used for the occasional daily, would work for a lot of people. (or maybe just me)

It looks like an “SUV” that looks like a gigantic hatchback???

I haven’t owned either, but been around plenty of LS cars. You need the right exhaust combo to make it sound good, but I will agree the SS has an excellent exhaust note.

Similar design cues in my opinion! Slap a Hyundai badge on it and I could believe it came from the same family of vehicles.

1 Like

There’s a strong horizontal line above the headlights and grille (or “grille” for the Hyundai) and… that’s about the only resemblance I’m seeing.

I think the rear fenders on the Mustang are very Camaro-ish.

IDK why the front fascia had to be divided into so many polygons, did they think nobody could otherwise tell the new one from the front?

Aft of the doors it’s very Camaro-esque indeed.

Such a shame they ruined the only good-looking pony car.

On another forum (I think), they posted the Mach-E and the new Mustang side by side. The front ends of the two are very similar. So I guess there’s consistency that way, but it’s not the consistency I personally would’ve wanted (but I’m also def not in the target demographic).

I think the overall and the silhouette are good. But, like the previous gen Mercedes SL, it looks like 3 diff teams designed the car and that none of them communicated w/ each other.

wrong hyundai. looks more like it was designed by the guy that did the Tuscon.

The Fox mustang dash is awesome, I loved my 1980’s GT. They need to emulate the console warning light panel too.

Overall tho it wasn’t really a great update. Partly be because the GT350r was so great