2024 Mazda CX-90 Turbo S Premium Plus

I am not going to beat a dead horse about not leasing this car.

Regardless of any other factor. Don’t ever put this much down on a lease. Down payments on a lease are walkways a bad idea. Put down the bare minimum. Nothing I possible or just taxes. If you wreck the car a week after you lease all that money is gone.

4 Likes

BTW, did I miss something, or is the dealer tacking on a $6K above MSRP to the selling price?

I was initially excited about Mazda’s new offering but 60K+ for a Turbo S top trim ? Its treading on Audi Q7 and BMW X5 territory ! After the price reveal I’m leaning elsewhere. Why is this car a good value ?

1 Like

So 37k ish total to lease a 60k car for 3 years???
Even if you buy it, I’m sure it won’t depreciate 37k in just 3 years.

1 Like

Just doesn’t seem like the best lease right now

I don’t know enough (anything?) about the trim levels on all the cars, but I assume the $60K Mazda will have (hopefully, way) more standard features than does a similarly priced Audi and BMW. And I wouldn’t be as scared to own the Mazda out of warranty vs. an Audi or BMW (at least, once Mazda works out whatever kinks might be present).

over it dead horse GIF

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been eyeing a few. I can get into one in the $800’s (4xe obviously). Just not sure that I even want to pay that. :unamused:

I don’t think so. Which item in the quote?

I agree 60K+ is a lot, but a similarity spec’ed X5 would be a lot more. I really like the CX-90, but I was disappointed with the pricing too.

You sure about that?

1 Like

If you’re in SoCal, maybe contact that poster to see which dealer that was?

2nd line reads ~$54K. What does that refer to?

I’m not sure, and I don’t know what the $300 on the following line is for either. But the MSRP + destination + options for that vehicle is actually $61,920 on the window sticker, so the dealer isn’t adding any unusual fees.

Yes, easily above $70K. It’s also arguable that the CX-90 should be compared to the X7 size-wise, which starts above $80K.

Thanks everyone for your input. It’s clearly a bad a deal, so I’ll be holding off until something better comes along. I’ll keep an eye on MDX deals as well.

That’s true, and it’s fun to drive too (for an SUV). I personally prefer it to any other Japanese three-row including Lexus and Acura, and I’m not considering European ones for the reasons you mentioned. Given that it’s a brand new vehicle in a recovering market, I’m not surprised that there aren’t good deals on it yet. Actually, the only Mazda dealer I’ve been to is adding a $5K markup on all CX-90s regardless of trim, and they claim that people are paying! None of the other Mazda dealers I’ve contacted are adding a markup, though.

@aronchi, @Bostoncarconcierge & @OffStickerPrice.com are doing close to 7-8% off an MDX in other regions. I just negotiated 6% off in MA last month. Acura is pretty flexible right now

1 Like

This is a pretty common thing in this market. Lots of mass market cars are being priced the same way brokers here are doing luxury cars. Makes it pretty easy when someone gets pricing at 650 for like a pilot and i do an mdx for less.

3 Likes

I’d be embarrassed to say I’m driving a Mazda and paying over $1,000 a month for it lol.

4 Likes

If you’re looking to lease stop focusing on MSRP. As other have mentioned it’s just one variable. Pretty sure you can get an x5 for less per month than this quote.